TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moving to Orlando

Vigil

So I am hopefully going to be moving to Orlando soon for a job, and I was wondering if you had any advice on moving to the Orlando area. I am rather clueless and was hoping you could provide insight on things like locations or typical rents or just other "inside" information. I'd be looking for an apartment for just me, but am open to anything/anywhere right now. Any help would be much appreciated!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually a much more involved question than you think. There are so many different areas in Orlando and it really depends on where you'll be working, where you see yourself in 1-3 years, how much you want to spend, how far you want to drive, etc. Rent in Orlando has gone up a LOT in the last five years, especially in the decent areas. A lot of our friends who work in parks (or even 'real' jobs) will share a two bedroom, two bath apartment in a better area rather than have their own 1 bedroom in a more sketchy area as it's a better deal.

As for other things to know, it's not as super magical as a lot of people thing. You have to work hard, you have to be 'on', you have to put up with some really terrible weather...but there are some awesome perks to living here as well!

Let us know if you have any more specific questions we can help with.

Thanks for the reply! I kind of figured that it was going to be more complicated than that. I suppose I'll have to wait until I nail down a few more of the specifics before moving forward, but thanks, that's at least some good stuff to keep in mind! Now fingers crossed it works out!

Thanks for the reply! I kind of figured that it was going to be more complicated than that. I suppose I'll have to wait until I nail down a few more of the specifics before moving forward, but thanks, that's at least some good stuff to keep in mind! Now fingers crossed it works out!

I agree that you may be better off with a roommate than by yourself. I assume since you're on this board that you'll want to live near the theme parks, so some areas to consider are Dr. Phillips, Celebration, Lake Buena Vista, Winter Garden, MetroWest and Williamsburg. But if you end up getting a job away from the theme parks, you probably won't want to have to drive on I-4 every day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk