First time Germany trip... Tips?

Car travel, must-do parks?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: First time Germany trip... Tips?

Postby Pedrinho » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:09 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:I'm also glad to hear that driving is a suitable option for transport. I heard many rental cars in Europe are manual. I kinda know how to drive stick. Has this been any of your guys' experiences? Like would I have to get a lot more comfortable driving manual if I intend to rent a car in Germany?

You can easily get an automatic if you request that while booking. It may be an additional fee, though.

Invertalon wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:If you like to meet up with some German members, we live only 45 minutes away from Holiday Park and plan to have season tickets this year. We're also in Europa Park after Easter. Just PM me. Perhaps we may make it happen! :)

Awesome, will keep in mind once we firm up some things!

Another side question for those in/around Germany... As far as navigation goes, is using phone navigation such as Waze good enough to get around the country? Or is it worth me buying the dedicated GPS maps for Europe for my Garmin? Debating on if I really need to or not, seeing how awesome the Waze app is for navigation (here in the US at least!).

As far as I know I can recommend Google Maps. It's free of charge and will be working perfectly for your purposes.

Invertalon wrote:Also, we may or may not add in Tripsdrill after Holiday Park on the way to Munich. Looks like a quirky little park. Any thoughts?

Go there! It's well worth it's price an the detour you will have to take. You only need a couple of hours to reride everything you want if you can hit it on a weekday. Even oh the weekend or a holiday a full day is good enough.
G'sengte Sau is the first ever Gerstlauer Coaster. Mammut is the first wooden coaster to be completely planned and built by germany companies. Karacho is a great Gerstlauer. Rasender Tausendfüßler is a nice Zierer. And there's a Sky Fly with a revoluion counter. Also, food is affordable and yummy and Parking is free!
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:27 pm

^ Tripsdrill is also incredibly beautiful, relaxing, and has a very underrated drop ride.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 am

Sounds good, i'm quite sure we will squeeze it in! Thanks!
-Steve

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:11 am

Tripsdrill also has (had?) a really nice little wine tasting building,
with a Souvenir glass after you've tasted your wine(s). :smile:
H_05Vinarium_Tripsdrill.jpg
Me and Tripsdrill's VINARIUM. And my glass. TPR 2008 Europe tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:35 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Tripsdrill also has (had?) a really nice little wine tasting building,
with a Souvenir glass after you've tasted your wine(s). :smile:

It's still in operation! :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:18 pm

^ Great! It's a nice little rest stop - and a different one for adults - to have as an option while visiting the park.
Day23-05.jpg
Vinarium glass on the left; Tripsdrill souvenir juice glass on the right. Pardon the dust on them. (o:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Invertalon » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:04 pm

Currently on our trip now, about to depart our hotel for Europa in a few minutes.

So far, spent a day at Phantasialand, Efteling and Toverland. More detail later, but so far we enjoyed Phantasialand the best, followed by Toverland and Efteling. All so awesome in their own ways, though.

Taron and Troy both became near or top steel and wood for me. Incredible rides! Taron was near flawless. Trains, theme, layout, etc...

Excited to see what Europa has in store for us the next two days!
-Steve

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:54 am

^
Are you going to Holiday Park after Europa?

Postby Invertalon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:34 am

We did Europa today and tomorrow, Saturday is Holiday Park and Tripsdrill.
-Steve

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:19 pm

Okay. In Holiday Park please make sure to ride Expedition GeForce at least one time on the front right seat to see the awesomeness of the first drop and once in the back left seat to feel the awesomeness of the first drop!
We also have to insist that you do the drop tower and the flume at least once!

For Tripsdrill, the back right seat on Karacho is my favourite as it's the best place to experience the dive loop. The drop (or bounce?) towers have an unique element in them. The Badewannenfahrt is another must do. Naked people are awaiting you. Many small rides in Tripsdrill are well worth riding them.

Both parks have a Gerstlauer Sky Fly - the Tripsdrill one is the better one and has a revolution counter.

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Alvey