TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fastest clothes for CITY MUSEUM

BBparks57

Hello!

Awhile ago you all turned me onto City museum ( like years ago?) I was finally able to go last year and I had the time of my life. Well it's time to go back...but one major problem was many of the non vertical slides were very slow. We were told to bring jackets and use those next time.

MY QUESTION: Of all you magnificent people out there who have been to the majestic land of old shoe factory slides and abandoned skate parks....what will get me flying down those concrete, wooden, metal death traps they call slides? Thank you!

-BBparks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can, go down to a park or something with a slide and experiment when there is nobody there so you don't look like ... well there are many things so going when nobody else is there is obvious. If you have an ice breaker, I know from early years, they are killers on slides (good way).

I love this thread.

Never heard any of the other advice before; I'm eager to test it out! But I once had a couple pairs of legit 80s stirrup leggings that were some ultra-shiny synthetic material. I made a point of wearing them for both of my trips to the City Museum. You might consider something similar?

hahahah oh my gosh thank you everybody.

I genuinely didn't know how this would go, so thank you for going above and beyond. Great suggestions, I shall grab my windbreakers and hoodies. After that a quick stop at goodwill for some hip new synthetic stirrup leggings (amazing) and other potential performance enhancing slideage I will make my way to a park with slides to test it all out (and look crazy, but I guess that's nothing new)

Thanks everybody!

hahahah oh my gosh thank you everybody.

I genuinely didn't know how this would go, so thank you for going above and beyond. Great suggestions, I shall grab my windbreakers and hoodies. After that a quick stop at goodwill for some hip new synthetic stirrup leggings (amazing) and other potential performance enhancing slideage I will make my way to a park with slides to test it all out (and look crazy, but I guess that's nothing new)

Thanks everybody!

Full PTR please!

• 4 weeks later...

AND WE'RE BACK.

Overall, we had a wonderful time this weekend. I just wanted to check in and say thanks for all of the wonderful advice and input. We ended up going with 4 different jackets of all similar nylon(ish?) material. We found some slick 5$ jackets at Goodwill that were pretty 80's. I unfortunately did not take the time to do a PTR along the way, but it was incredible.

CONCLUSION: I DON'T WANT TO GO FAST. You guys were not kidding, some of those slides were not meant for that kind of speed. A few were terrifying, but amazing. A painful but incredible day was spent in that museum. We also did the Darkness Haunted house which was incredible as well. Thanks again everybody, I hope to go back to the City Museum some day.

Bonus line: Also got to do the rooftop for the first time at city museum. Loved it!