TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe Planning Question

Six Flags Haiti

Alvey(s),

Visiting Europe for the first time in a month. Will be traveling with wife and 2.5 year old. Over the two weeks we will be flying into Paris and roughly going: Paris --> Den Bosch --> Cologne --> Rust --> Paris. Staying on property at Eftling, Phantasialand, and Europa Park. I think I have a decent mix of culture and coasters, but had a question or two:

Would you spend two days at Eftling or a day at Eftling and a day at Bobbejanland?

How much time is needed to do Holiday Park? It is along the path from Phantasialand to Europa Park, but there is culture we are doing along the way, and at best we would have 3 hours to visit.

Is one day enough to get Europa "done"?

Thanks for your answers.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly believe that Europa is a 2+ day park. There's a lot to do, see, eat, and enjoy. A lot for the little one to enjoy as well.

If we're taking the little one and wife into consideration I would just base at Efteling for two days, though it is not needed. Bobbejaanland is a great park but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to hit it up instead of culture or other random stuff.

Holiday Park has been adding a lot and is nearly a full day park now.

I strongly believe that Europa is a 2+ day park. There's a lot to do, see, eat, and enjoy. A lot for the little one to enjoy as well.

If we're taking the little one and wife into consideration I would just base at Efteling for two days, though it is not needed. Bobbejaanland is a great park but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to hit it up instead of culture or other random stuff.

Holiday Park has been adding a lot and is nearly a full day park now.

Thanks for your responses! I am worried about only having a day at Europa but hoping that staying onsite will allow me enough time to have a decent day. Unfortunately with the schedule I can't squeeze in anymore time.

My wife is a Disney-file so I figured this would be the park she could relate to most (outside of our days at DLP). I could easily see us spending two hours in the fairy tale walk through.

I was trying to squeeze in Holiday because of G-Force. It seems to be a consensus favorite and would be a shame for me to drive by it and not try to stop. I think I am going to attempt to get as much time in as possible.

Anything I do not get done is an excuse to go back.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Since your staying on site i think you already get tickets/entree for most parks. But with an Efteling Season Pass you will get free entrance to Phantasialand and Europa for 1 day. Could save you some money, also depending on the day you visit Efteling it get's busy on the weekends for the summer. Weeksdays should be a lot less crowded.

If you are done in one day at the Efteling i would much rater visit Toverland then Bobbejaanland anyday! And it's along the route from almost everywhere in the Netherlands to Phantasialand.

Europa is a park where you want to spend as much time as you get! Even as a 'local' for Europe i try to spend as much time at the park everytime i go there.

Holiday Park is along the route from Cologne to Europa, it's now a part of the Plopsa-group. That's more of a kids rater then the big thrills, so Plopsa would also be fun for the young one. Most of the IP's would be more local but some of them could be more international. And GeForce is worth the stop on it's own.

If you have any more questions, feel free to send a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of your help. Just realized I left dates of my trip out. I went in mid May, and had modest to no crowds everywhere. With a 2.5 year old Eftling took 2 days, and honestly anything less might have felt rushed. We only had 1 day at Europa which in no way was enough time but that's the hand we got dealt with our travel arrangements. Was spited by the Booster at Toverland, and obviously Taron wasn't ready, otherwise a great trip.