TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Japan Question / Itinerary

Itachi

Hello Robb and Elissa,

I plan to make a trip to Japan this summer in which I will visit themeparks and also some culture. Since I will not be able to depart before the 8th of July, my concern is the weather. I read on some websites July is quite a rainy and warm month in Japan, but on other websites, I read it is not that rainy. While I don't mind warmth, lots of rain would be indesirable since I read themeparks in Japan tend to close their rollercoasters with the tiniest bit of rain. So, my question is, do you, and/or other members of TPR, have experience with travelling in Japan in July and could you tell me how bad, or maybe good, the weather was? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Itachi

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Robb and Elissa,

I plan to make a trip to Japan this summer in which I will visit themeparks and also some culture. Since I will not be able to depart before the 8th of July, my concern is the weather. I read on some websites July is quite a rainy and warm month in Japan, but on other websites, I read it is not that rainy. While I don't mind warmth, lots of rain would be indesirable since I read themeparks in Japan tend to close their rollercoasters with the tiniest bit of rain. So, my question is, do you, and/or other members of TPR, have experience with travelling in Japan in July and could you tell me how bad, or maybe good, the weather was? Thanks in advance!

Interesting. I just checked 4 different reputable websites and each said practically the same thing about rainy season in Tokyo.

Rainy season starts in June and stretches through July. Late July is less rainy than early July but still one of the wettest months.

Hello Robb and Elissa,

Interesting. I just checked 4 different reputable websites and each said practically the same thing about rainy season in Tokyo.

Rainy season starts in June and stretches through July. Late July is less rainy than early July but still one of the wettest months.

Thanks for the answer! I guess the differences between websites were the differences between early July and late July then. I think I just have to be lucky when I decide to go in July. The warmth will be a bigger problem I hope, as many sources say.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. Sounds like you will be annoyed if it's rainy and annoyed if it's warm. End of the day, be prepared for rain. It rains something like 300 days out of the year (not all in the same area) in Japan.

If you're going to Disney or Universal parks, they keep most if not all of their attractions open in the rain. It's hit & miss at most other parks, and at Fuji-Q if it drizzles they will shut down most rides.

Being in Japan in the rain is still better than being at work.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. Sounds like you will be annoyed if it's rainy and annoyed if it's warm. End of the day, be prepared for rain. It rains something like 300 days out of the year (not all in the same area) in Japan.

If you're going to Disney or Universal parks, they keep most if not all of their attractions open in the rain. It's hit & miss at most other parks, and at Fuji-Q if it drizzles they will shut down most rides.

Being in Japan in the rain is still better than being at work.

Thanks for the answer! Sorry if I was vague. I don't mind warmth at all and rain is not ideal, but nothing to be annoyed about. Now I know what to expect. I think I have to keep in mind I probably will miss some rides due to rain; not ideal, but being in Japan is awesome on itself.

And you can always keep one day free in your schedule to change your planning last minute Especially for parks like Fiju-Q, right?

You're totally right! I'm also planning to see some culture, which is indoors for a big part, so in that case, I've a flexible schedule.

I made a plan and I wonder if you have any tips or see major flaws in it. I know it is quite a heavy schedule but especially the sightseeing days are very flexible. Maybe I put too much sights in 1 sightseeing day, but this is just to have a list of interesting sights. The days around Tokyo are subject to change since there is so much to do in and around Tokyo, I am not quite sure yet what to visit.

Sorry for the double-post.

Naamloos.jpg.a3ebc257fe2fc5e469c8df85adf3cf22.jpg