TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

YouTube video end slates?

A.J.

Hey friends,

Have the end slates on Theme Park Review YouTube videos been really long lately?

Like, example, the Zippin Pippin video is almost two minutes long, and that's misleading as the end slate takes up well over thirty seconds of the video! I don't usually complain about the videos but as a viewer I can't help but feel...cheated. It's the same case with the Dominator back seat video, the Colossus video, a little less long in the Ultra Twister video...

I understand wanting to have a big notice for people to subscribe, but, couldn't you be a little more subtle about it? Even if it were to be a button or callout on top of more footage of the coaster in the video? I hope I'm not coming across as "mean" or "disrespectful" or "ignorant", but, is this really necessary?

57884190_ScreenShot2016-01-20at3_16_07PM.png.ec68def30a3c5d21a8698bd247d8ff51.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope I'm not coming across as "mean" or "disrespectful" or "ignorant", but, is this really necessary?

Yes. It's just the trend of YouTube these days.

I should probably also point out that you are the first ever person we have had complain about those end slates. I'm going to assume you don't watch a lot of content on YouTube because almost every channel has some sort of subscribe end slate now, and we actually play our for a much SHORTER time than most other channels. One of the toy channels that Kristen follows runs theirs for a full minute after the video.

Edited by robbalvey

I should probably also point out that you are the first ever person we have had complain about those end slates.

As always. No worries, keep the content coming.