TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The reverse POV played backwards

Samuel

A few YouTube users have taken some of the official reverse POVs from Cedar Point (I don't know if they needed/had permission to do this, so I'm not giving them backlinks here) and did some tinkering so that they play backwards. While it's still the reverse POV, you get the illusion that the camera is front-facing and that the train is moving forward through the circuit in the reverse order.

While it's an editing parlor trick, I was totally intrigued. It's very interesting to see the trains approach and maneuver elements in the reverse order. I haven't seen more than a couple of YouTube videos do this, and I haven't seen any discussion of the concept here.

I don't know how complicated it is to pull off the edit, or if there are other reasons why it hasn't been more widely explored. Is it something that we may see with future POVs?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean something like this?

What's funny is that I've done this before but never bothered to actually post anything because to me personally, it wasn't that interesting. But if you guys like funky stuff like this, sure, I can make a few videos!

And it's actually not complicated at all. In fact, it took me about 45 seconds to put this video together! I just dropped the POV in my timeline, right clicked the footage and selected "Speed" > "Reverse Speed" > "Export" and BAM, it's done!

Enjoy!

Ah, I got a real kick out of seeing this come to fruition so quickly! The concept is a little quirky, but I think it could be another fun arrow in the quiver of POV presentation. I hope it's being received well enough on the YouTube post -- I saw a few puzzled comments, but it seems like plenty of thumbs-ups are happening, too. There are lots of coasters with neat layouts that I think would be fun to see through this unique perspective.

If it ends up not gaining as much traction as you'd hope, Robb, I for one would pay cash on the nail for a DVD or download akin to "Coasters in the Raw - Reversed."