TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Using Drones to film TPR videos.

BelizeIt

I know that TPR does a lot of filming/production work for various theme parks and their attractions. (just look at IAAPA)

But I was curious if you've begun to use remote controlled drones??? (they get some negative press, but do fill a need)

They would seem to be a natural addition to your filming services, that many theme parks demand.

Besides in the past theme parks had to pay huge fee's for a 'helicopter crew' to film what a drone can do now at minimal cost.....

Are you guys currently using or considering drones in the future?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're currently outsourcing for our drone needs (which are few and far between). The tech is moving too quickly right now to invest and the laws are equally fluid and changing. At some point I'm sure we'll get one of our own but not yet. You can see how we used one for our Switchback filming here:

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested to read/hear what type of regulations and rules you would have to follow if you needed to use Drones for TPR videos. They have become a bit of a "problem" from an air traffic control perspective, and the licencing and regulations have increased tenfold in the last few years. We have just had to watch a new training module regarding their use.

I can see however that they would provide an awesome perspective from a Theme park/ride point of view...I will keep an interested eye for if and when you start to use them on a regular basis.

Have you found people/companies asking TPR if you would like to use them, or have you made the limited requests so far?

^ Another reason why we outsource this kind of photography. We don't have to worry about any of the proper licenses as that is taken care of by the companies or individuals we hire. All we have to worry about is making sure we have permission from the park, but the only times we've used drones is when we've been hired to do B-Roll shoots for parks or ride companies.