TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Aquaventura, YAS or Wadi?

ItsMe

Hi everone! After looking around for many years I finally joined as a member. Hope to contribute to board in the near future. However, I have a question to start out with. There are reports, however it is hard to figure out how the three main water parks in Dubai and Abu Dhabi compare. Anyone who has been to all three? I guessed the Alvey's might have the most experience...? (Aquaventure, Wadi and YAS Water World). I do like thrills, but only thrills and no theming isn't my cup of tea either. Bonuspoints for me are relative short lines and not getting boats up stairs for half of the day.

I can only visit one: wich one would you pick and why?

Ofcourse there will be a full photoreport online by the time I get back

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't been to the new YAS park yet, but we love Aquaventure and Wild Wadi very much! They're both different and excellent in their own ways. From what you described I think Wild Wadi sounds slightly more up your alley, but if you want a coaster credit YAS also looks great.

Great to hear you'll be visiting the UAE soon!

Couple of my own notes on each of the three major water parks:

(Side note: there are actually a total of six water parks in the Dubai/Abu Dhabi area, in addition to Wadi Adventure out in Al Ain that features incredible white water rafting/kayaking, an aerial park, + a crazy big man-made surfing lagoon with 3m tall waves)

All the parks chill their water most of the year and provide cooling solutions (including keeping walkways wet) throughout the park - providing great relief from the heat during our Summer months.

Yas Water World: Best water park of the three for families with kids. Their three children's areas really can't be beat - better even then what the Disney parks offer for the small kids. Pretty crazy theming around the park - plus this is the park with a coaster credit inside. All slides are more "traditional" - meaning that you are walking up stairs to get to the top, typically carrying a tube with you. The park has two family hydromatic slides accessed from the top of the mountain.

Atlantis Aquaventure: Best "overall experience" for those looking for a relaxing full day. Good collection of Master Blaster slides and their new slide tower offers some fun thrills. You'll walk up to the top of the new slide tower - but most all of their other slides are accessed via riding a Master Blaster up. Absolutely beautiful park and their rapids river is a great take on the traditional lazy river. This park will get crowded mid-day as it is free for all Atlantis hotel guests.

Wild Wadi: Smallest of the parks - so will fill-up the first as this park is free for all guests of Jumeirah Hotels (the park's owners). Great collection of Master Blasters which are used to access a majority of their slides - and truly amazing just HOW many slides have been jammed into this park. Their two new(er) slide towers offer great thrills, accessed via stairs, which are fantastic options

I agree with Elissa that, from your description, Wild Wadi would be your best choice. My big recommendation is to get there a few minutes before the park opens and get as much done as you can before 12noon/1pm when the park really starts filling up.

Thanks for the information. Wadi sounds fine, but is it worth missing out the credit in YAS? I Always thought that YAS has most thrilling slides, but it is good to know when you are wrong. I think, unless anyone else comes with totally new information, by choice is made.

Oh, one more thing. If Wadi is the smallest, is it kind of a half day thing or should I just get out when the crowd comes in just after lunch? Seconds thoughts, YAS is out but Aquaventure also sounds great.

I have never been on a master blaster, but is used in a way you get in at the bottom and get dropped of at the top (the starting point of other slides). At least, the way I understand it...

Edited by ItsMe

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well maybe nice to tell.... in the end we visited all 3. The info we've got here really was spot on, but we just could not choose.

Phototripreports maybe coming to the board... hard to tell if there is a anyone interested in fully detailed reports. Never did I try one in English.

^ Would love to see a TR!

Will do my best!

Just wondering, better to open a seperate thread per day or is it alowed to make a ongoing one like you did with IAAPA?

Ongoing one is fine. But you can do either. It's your choice!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, however I have one final question. I uploaded my photos,post-Photopshop, already on a different server. I have no intention to get my reports in the archive... so is this okay? They will be online for at least two years and there is no data-limit. Uploading them on TPR server would give me a a sh*tload of work because I already fitted the URL's in my World file. Really sorry for asking, I hope you don't mind.

The TR is still coming, however I prefer to spend a little more time to deliver the best quality as possible for a non native speaker.

• 4 weeks later...