TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tobu Zoo Park

10ryansmith

Hello, I was just wondering if you could answer a couple of questions on this park/zoo? I went through most of the trip reports and looked it up online but I still have a couple of questions.

1)How large is the actual zoo part of the park? I know that the main draw is the Mega-Lite (main reason that I'm going) but I would like to see the other stuff too.

2) How long should I spend at the park? If the zoo part is really not worth seeing then I plan to just spend a couple hours here for the rides, then move on to the main trip to Universal Studios Japan. Although, if this is an all day park, I can make a weekend trip as I am in Misawa. (three hour train ride and cheaper/safer than renting a car).

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

^ That's a tough call. The way Happy Valley operates their parks it could take a lot longer to get through some of the rides with their staggered ride openings.

That being said, we have done a Happy Valley park + another park in a day, but you just have to be really smart about how you go through Happy Valley and be prepared to cut the second park if it takes longer than expected.

3. I would like to visit Happy Valley and Victory Kingdom in Tianjin as well, since they're so close to Beijing. Would I have enough time to do both in the same day while taking the train to and from Beijing?

I don't think it's possible. Victory Kingdom and Happy Valley is 30 minutes bullet train apart, you'll have to wait 20 minutes to get a taxi at both stations, Happy Valley is another 40 minutes from the bullet train station. They are in two ends of the city and it's hard to get around. I would skip Victory Kingdom because U-Shaped Coaster hasn't been operating for over a year now. The park is a ghost town and they simply don't have the money to operate it anymore.

Oh, remember to keep your bullet train ticket, you can get a discount on Happy Valley ticket.

• 5 years later...

Hmmm. . . . . from the pics (and technical sheet). . this looks like "Regina", doesn't it?

note it says "sold" - gotta wonder if whoever bought it just wanted the Intamin trains, or if maybe it's going to be rebuilt somewhere?

https://www.interlink-lg.com/used-rides/wooden-roller-coaster/