TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney World question

Werner

Hello everybody,

Since i'm planning on doing a trip to Orlando in September(20/09-03/10), i've got a little question to ask you guys.

Do the buildings at the Port Orleans Resort have elevators? I'm asking this because at the dutch travel agency i just asked a price from can't give me a 100% guarantee that we will get a accessible room. They can only prefer it towards Disney somehow. Since the price was very interesting compared to others i prefer to book with them. And since i don't want to let my girlfriend walk to much over our stay(she needs a wheelchair and has an ECV to get around in town), i don't want to take any changes with her having to walk up and down stairs if we don't get an accessible room. Walking in the room itself isn't a problem, as long as she doesn't need to walk to long.

Thank you!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^There are two sides to Port Orleans. For you guys I would absolutely recommend French Quarter as it's much more compact with shops, entertainment and food all very close. There are elevators in the buildings but make them put in the request and ask again as soon as you get there for a first floor room close to everything.

Thanks Elissa,

Recently i went back to the travel agency and now i got a different story. So i only booked my themepark tickets and a hotel in Tampa with them. They had a great deal on the 10 days Disney tickets and Orlando Flexticket!

Somehow they could not make a reservation with a preferred option anymore. So i decided to book my own hotel, looked around for the Disney Resort(Port Orleans). And it was way more expensive then with the travel agengy. So i decided to book a hotel outside of Disney(Marriott Springhill Suites, Lake Buena Vista), i can cancel it untill the 19th of September so when a great Disney Deal comes in i can still take that!