TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

January 2016 Walt Disney World Trip

Stuff513

Hi guys!

I know this is a long ways out, but I'm currently in the early stages of planning a trip to Walt Disney World with my girlfriend in January 2016 (January is the month that works best for us currently due to our work/school situation). We've only got about 2 weeks where a trip would work for both of us, the 3rd-9th and the 10th-16th. The 3rd-9th is our preferred week, but I've got a couple of concerns.

My main concern is that I just found out that Marathon Weekend is the 6th-10th, how much of an effect does this usually have on crowds? Is it possible to avoid the marathon crowds if we choose certain parks for different days? Or will this only be a slight increase in crowds that I shouldn't really get too worked up about? I just heard that these weekends were popular so that was why I was worried.

My other question was whether we would see a little bit of the leftover holiday crowds if we went that early in the month?

Thanks in advanced!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second week would certainly be better. Many schools are still out that first week in addition to the marathon crowds. It's not holiday busy or anything, but the crowds can certainly be annoying and there are random road closures and parties.