TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor 1st Time

Crazy4Coasters!

Hey there guys! I bought a season pass to SFMM two days ago and it includes free admission to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. I've never been to a water park so I have a couple of questions to ask. I don't like walking barefoot if I don't have to so I heard that you can take "beach shoes" (shoes that have a mesh type outer lining that is pretty much see through) to the park but you would have to take them off once your in line for a waterslide, is that true? If so, where would I store away my "beach shoes"? I've also heard you can wear a t-shirt but you can not wear it on the water slide, is that also true?

Any helpful tips for a first timer would be GREATLY appreciated! I love coasters but I'm a little nervous to get on a water slide. What would you recommend for myself to enjoy my first time at a water park. Thanks again for all the help!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^If things are the same from a long time ago these were the rules (note they are very similar at most water parks):

- Water shoes/sandals are fine on any ride where your body does NOT touch the slide. For example you ride in a tube or on a mat.

- Shirts are the same. They're okay on any NON-body slide ride.

Of course shirts and shoes are fine in the lazy river, pools, and wave pool.

If you want to ride a body slide you can leave the shoes and shirt at the bottom of the slide at your own risk. Believe it or not, I've seen people steal shoes and shirts! I know, people are terrible.

For body slides where you aren't allowed to wear your shoes, you are generally allowed to hold them on the slides and wear them on your hands as you slide down. So you shouldn't have to burn your feet walking barefoot to any slide.

Thank you very much for confirming that information. I was wondering if people leave their sandals at the bottom of the ride (just as strollers are left at Disneyland at the entrance of a ride) but I won't risk it because people do tend to "mistake" things which are not theirs! LOL!

I'm kind of a scaredy–cat when it comes to water slides, any advice for a beginner on what to ride first to break the ice?

I can confirm that you just hold sandals on slides, as I do it all the time. If you have the flip flop variety, you must remove them for every slide, but I believe water shoes/sandals with straps can remain on during tube slides as they are more secure. Shirts are okay on tube slides. For body slides, everything but your swimsuit must be removed.

If you are a bit afraid of water slides, I recommend starting off with Lost Temple Rapids and Lightning Falls, as those are relatively tame. After that, go to the back of the park and do Bamboo Falls, Black Snake Summit tube slides, Tiki Falls, and Tornado (this one gets busy, so if the line is still short do it first). If you are good with all these, you'll probably be fine with almost anything else. The only exception might be Bonzai Pipelines...this ride scares everybody, but it is the best slide at the park and is an absolute must ride. You'll probably be hooked after one ride. You may find you have a preference for tube slides over body slides (or vice versa), but I still recommend trying everything once and then re-riding your favorites.

One other recommendation for Hurricane Harbor: If the park is somewhat busy (lines longer than 20 minutes), invest in the Flash Pass. It is only $15 per person (plus a $5 refundable deposit), and will make your day a lot more relaxing.

If he's never been on any waterslides before it may not be the best idea for him to worry about holding shoes in addition to holding on to the mat/tube.

We really just need to make this forum so ONLY you and I can respond.