TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are you Ever coming back to Cliff's?

crispy

Just wondering if the NM Rattler was good enough to make the detour to Albuquerque again and visit our miniture park?

And to make it a two-fer

We are planning to go to SoCal this summer, probably July, We were thinking of hitting Knott's, because of my inability to behave in large crowds (actually I just hate them is all), I have been to Disneyland, and Knotts many years ago, never to SFMM

So the question is With a small kid (5) and a baby, are we doing the right thing in going to Knott's and avoiding SFMM and Disney, or are the crowds managable during the weekdays

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there...we would actually like to get back out there at some point, it's just a hard place to plan a trip around since there's not too much else in the area!

As for your SoCal trip...well...does your 5 year old like to ride stuff? Because honestly there isn't much for a 5 year old who likes to ride stuff to do at Knotts other than Camp Snoopy with the baby rides. During Weekdays in July, all the parks are going to be annoying, some more than others. At least Disney and SFMM have some sort of skip the line program if you don't like crowds.

Elissa "believe it or not there's more for a 42'' kid at SFMM than Knotts!" Alvey

California Adventure is a really nice park, a lot of times though children seem to get a bit bored...it's almost like the Epcot of the west, but not as nice and not as much to do!

Soarin, California Screamin, Tower, and Grizzly are all top E Ticket rides, but other than that it's more of a walk around and look at the pretty park while relaxing sort of place.

Are you catering the trip more around yourself or your kid?...that might help us help you more!

Elissa "They have a small kids area at California Adventure, but not too much else" Alvey

The truth is we are going because the biggest park we have been to is Paramount Great America, and would like to ride some good coasters, but not totally abandon the kids, there will be plenty of family so we can go on coasters, and let the kids have fun at the same time.

With what you have said we are leaning toward SFMM like on a tuesday or someting

You might hit that park and everything is running 2 trains, everything is open, light crowds, and have an AMAZING time...

A lot more often though you'll head over, several rides will be closed, the others will be running at one train, and it could be packed...

Hopefully they'll get better this summer and have some good operations, then you'll have a great time!

Elissa "it's still better than Knotts!" Alvey

The Grizzly is my least favorite coaster, Maybe after I ride the Psyclone I'll have a new one YEAAAH!!!

I don't know why, but every time I went to PGA I would get on the grizzly and I was always sorry I wasted my time

(SCBB is my old home park, so brain thinks woodie=good)