TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Elissa & Millionaire...

Splash_Mountain

I was wondering how many times you have been the hot seat? And if you have any intresting stories about you experience. I tried to get in the hot seat but no luck during my trip! . Any tips?

BTW Congrats on the board.

Matthew "I am going to be so trying to bust my brain figuring things to go between my first and last name" Brosseau

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I really don't know how many times I've been in the hot seat...let's say more than 5 in each version, less than 20. :orangesmile:

The advice I always give (and I've gotten many people in the hot seat...EVEN ROBB!!!) is just to press that button like there's no tomorrow! You literally have to "vibrate" on it!

I don't really have any memorable experiences...Robb has a good one though that maybe he'll share!

Honestly I kind of got out of it a bit...it really wrecked my nerves every time! I hated being the center of attention!

Elissa "seriously ask my friends and family, I love to play, but hate to get in the hot seat!" Alvey

My story was basically the 'end' of me wanting to play at the DCA version.

The short version is this....

I got in the hot seat after some 14 yr old kid had just been in, where the audience was all obnoxious yelling out answers, etc, and they still allowed all that. OK, whatever....because they were doing the same for me too.

So anyway, I got in the hot seat and the "Regis" was all cool and joking with me and having 'fun.' At about the 8,000 point question or so they called time. So they asked me if I wanted to come back to the next show, which was in an hour.

I waited around the hour, came back, and was first in the hot seat. However, this time around the "Regis," who was the same guy wasn't very joking, in fact he was pretty cold and rude to me for no reason at all. It was almost as though they just wanted me out of the hot seat as quickly as possible so they could get the next person in.

I answered a couple of questions, and I used the 50/50 on one and I got it wrong, the audience went "Awwwwww..." BEFORE I even said "Final Answer." So then I jokingly said "Ahh, heck...I guess I'm going to make B my final answer."

And the "Regis" says...sorry, you can't do that! And I was like "What??!! You allowed that all last show!" "No we didn't" "What??? Yes you did! And those guys (pointed to a group of passholder Millionaire regulars) who were in the last show know you did!" (They all went 'yeah!) At that point they actually TURNED THE MIKE OFF on me and told me to leave!!! The audience was actually booing the Regis for doing that too!

I was so pissed off! It was like they were changing the rules around to suit them!

I mean, at the end of the day I didn't really care because it was just some stupid pins, but it was one of those things were I felt really slighted for no reason at all.

Gregg was there, he can vouch for it totally being unfair and uncalled for!

--Robb "That's my story." Alvey