TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I gotta know...

Real

How you managed an onride of Thunderhead?!

I got yelled at because I had my hat in my hoodie and when we hit the final brakes I put it on. I thought other parks were bad but they seriously have to be the most anal park I have ever come across. Seriously now, do they now know what standard procedure is for "securing loose articles" ?

About to watch it...was just wondering, lol.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We actually worked with the PR department at Dollywood! We had such a great time at their Press Event back in April of 2002 with Dolly Parton herself that we've been in contact with them ever since.

As for stupid policies...yup...I love it when parks tell you to put something in your pocket instead of holding it. My stuff is much safer in my hands than in a pocket!

Elissa "Fire in the Hole!" Alvey

Well you know at Dollywood they didnt even want it in your pocket!! I kept it secured in my hoodie pouch once, and the other time smashed in my cargo pants pocket. I had it their till we were waiting on the brakes and put it on there. When we came back the dude had another guy come back and scold me like I endangered everyone, ha!

Same for CP letting you wear glasses with a strap, but you cant put them in the front pocket. Now, in that sitting position, the pocket down where the glasses would be is pulled taunt. I have plenty of cargo pants with pockets that are NOT safe for stowing items unless you have a strap, yet they will tell me to put my stuff there.

Now when I ride and meet people there who havent ridden, I just tell em to put their stuff away before they even see it that way theres no issues.

Thats great though that you guys worked with the PR. Lucky bums

Velcro isnt realiable enough and neither are buttons. Alot of the velcro on my pants are pretty worn out or sucked to begin with. Most button up cargos only are 2 buttons and stuff easily gets between and around them, yes, even glasses. Zippers would be the only true form of securing with a cargo pocket. Plus the angle on most cargo pockets is the same as your leg (duh) which is angled back and downwards.

Im one of the season pass holders whos ridden it too many times to report, which doesnt mean a whole lot except that Ive spent alot of time analyzing the system since it never seemed thought out to begin with.

Obviously I love the park, but whoever came up with that system did not think it through. I have lost coins and such through cargos but lost not a thing through normal hand pockets. Its like no one actually tested the theory out. Its just not very thought out and its bothersome. Hence why I just make sure no one sees my stuff that way I get no hassle.

But what ya gonna do? Pay a dollar to have a locker hold it? heck no! It would never happen because Im sure CP makes a bit off those lockers, but the system down at IOA was freakin awesome. How long do you get the locker free? The first hour or something?