Fast Lane Plus

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Fast Lane Plus

Postby Werner » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:20 am

robbalvey wrote:TPR fully supports them and will be buying Fast Lane Plus at Cedar Point for our tour participants this year.

WooHoo! :b

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:02 am

Lareson wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:I'm a little confused. Didn't we already get unlimited rides anyway? When I went to Cedar Point last Summer, we got Fast Lane and we could ride as many times as we want.

Both are still unlimited, they just did a 2nd tier to it now with 2 more coasters (in Cedar Point's case, Gatekeeper and Top Thrill Dragster) added with FastLane Plus. This was mainly a fix to add coasters that previously though FastLane wasn't a good choice because of already existing capacity issues, but now with a more limited FastLane Plus, they're able to add those rides, and then they just pulled out the most popular ride from the normal FastLane to add to FastLane Plus.

OK, thank you for clearing that up.
Steel: 64 ----- Wooden: 7 ----- Total: 71
Home park: Knott's Berry Farm
Favorite coaster: Maverick (CP)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ChimyChanga » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Lareson wrote:Don't know where you're seeing it, but Dorney is not offering FastLane Plus, and you don't even have Carowinds on the list either, which are offering FastLane Plus.

Only the top 5 parks are getting it: Cedar Point, Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland, Kings Dominion and Carowinds.

Mind you, people are more than likely to go in a group, not by themselves so people will rarely pay the $80 ($90 is Saturday rate)

These are all Saturday or weekend rates, they're $5-10 more than the normal weekday price.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have fixed the error and added Carowinds. Not sure why that one didn't make it in, but it's in now :D
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/57d589ac8a033c2784fb6b35b6c27ded.jpg[/img][/url]

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:19 pm

Just my personal two cents. Maverick should be added to FL+, it seems like such a better deal. Three is better than two..... :br

Bitch Please!

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:46 pm

As others have said, these types of passes aren't for locals. I've NEVER used Flash pass at SFMM and have only used FastLane at Knott's for Haunt. Yet I've used Flash Pass at SFDK, SFOT, SFGAm, SFGAdv and SFOG. I've used FL at KD last year (didn't need it at Dorney).

It's nice to know that when we finally get to CP this will be an option.

Put it this way, with the new FL+ what would normally take 3 days at CP to do everything as many times as you'd like may only take 2 now. So in the long run it may actually end up SAVING you $$.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby RCjunkie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:42 am

I still can't believe people are actually complaining about 'Fast Passes' a year later. If you don't like it, don't buy one.

My personal experience with it has only made me wait one train extra when other people are using the fast pass and I am not. One time it happened to me 3 times in a visit but that only added 15 minutes extra wait time for the day and that to me is reasonable. For me this works great when needed. If I am taking the time to travel at least 100 miles from home then I am going to maximize my time in that park because odds are I will not be back for a few years. Plus, I am not getting any younger and these Fast Passes are like buying time and I value that Immensely.

Postby Wes » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:48 am

RCjunkie wrote:I still can't believe people are actually complaining about 'Fast Passes' a year later.
Welcome-to-the-Internet-Ill-be-your-guide.jpg
Viewed 365 times

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Coaster Curt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:14 pm

If a person or group of people bought a Fast lane but after say an hour decided they wanted to upgrade to the Fast Lane Plus would they be able to pay an additional $15.00 (or whatever price) to get upgraded or would they have to pay the whole Fast Lane Plus price?

Bitch Please!

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:43 pm

^ I'd assume they'd be able to upgrade for the difference in price (if they were still available). But I'd check with the park.

On our first visit to SFOG we got the regular pass and ended up heading back and upgrading to the Gold later in the day. If it's good enough for Six Flags ... right? :p

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!