Photo TR: Six Flags Astroworld 2011

A fun, recent trip to the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Photo TR: Six Flags Astroworld 2011

Postby Iowa Beaver » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:26 am

Great pictures, but, could you describe, in more detail, what the atmosphere of the park is like? Rodeo Parking: The Ride looks great this season, though.
Yeah, I'm pretty new at this.Image

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:51 am

Astroworld's current claim to fame is the ever-popular "Mud Bog" ride.
It's only open after heavy rains, though.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:11 am

Wow, they didn't even pave it.

The impression I get from TPR is that 2011 Astroworld is still preferable to Fuji-Queue.

Plenty of rides there, if you're a a car thief.

This is the greatest trip report of all time IMO.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby almightyfire » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Astroworld was a low performing park. If you can see the property isnt that big and the biggest coaster we had was 110 feet tall. Since the space was limited, when they added a new ride they also took one away so the park never really grew. If you were born here and had been going for 30 yrs, the thrill was ENTIRELY gone. I used to go just to walk around to get exercise and buy a funnel cake for my husband. They should have NEVER let people buy up the property around there. There was no room for expansion. That little area you see was for the park, corporate offices, employee parking, water world and the mechanic shops etc. Sorry and TIRED park. As sorry as Kentucky Kingdom and I am sure I am going to get cursed out for fans but you all know that once u have been to a SFMM, SFGA, SFOT or Cedar Point, Astroworld seemed like a carnival in a shopping mall parking lot. The only ride i KINDA liked riding was XLR8 our suspended coaster. Now we used to have a ride called the Alpine Sleigh Ride back in the 70's, It was a ride that went through a mountain, kinda like space mountain but not as fast. The got rid of it in the mid 70's due to too many mechanical problems but the mountain remained. I dont know why they didnt utilize it because it would have made a good ride like the volcano at Kings Dominion.

Bitch Please!

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Totally awesome. I remember displaying my fat gut to Robb walking across that bridge. :lmao:

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!