Miccosukee Park [RCT3]

Construction updates. Tomahawk announced.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Miccosukee Park [RCT3]

Postby 808Freq » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:22 pm

I thought I'd give it a go with a park. It's my first attempt, and I'm kind of learning on the fly. My buildings still suck.

8/26/2010

from NaplesNews.com 3:10 p.m. EST

The Naples City Zoo, a place with a history of cultivating the imaginations of children and adults alike since the 1940s, is in danger of having to close it's doors forever. The Zoo's attendance has declined over the last decade, and county commissioners are worried the zoo will have trouble paying the bills. For years the zoo's financial troubles have been buffered by revenue the zoo received from parking space for the Coastland Center Mall which sits aside the zoo. Those revenues are due to disappear as the mall's developer has built a large multi level parking structure rendering the parking space on the zoo's land useless. The Zoo's plan to attract visitors by installing a few fair style rides has proven unsuccessful. The city council met last night in an emergency meeting to discuss the Zoo's future, and several other important figures were in attendance. One of them being Rodney Stevens, a retired engineer, and owner of "Stevens Kingdom", the small family fun park located in Naples. Stevens' investment group is in talks with the city to purchase the Zoo and convert it to a full service theme park, featuring thrill and family style rides.

While the council deliberates before the vote, we'll leave you with a few pictures from a recent outing to the Naples City Zoo.

Stay linked for news concerning the future of the Naples City Zoo.
GrizzShot.jpg
A grizzly bear posing for the camera. Thank heavens for fences!
Viewed 1468 times
Camels.jpg
Beautiful scenery. Ferris wheel gives guests a great aerial view of the park.
Viewed 1468 times
Zooshot1.jpg
Great shady areas make it easy for guests to get up close to the animals.
Viewed 1468 times
Parking1.jpg
Lots of room for shopping centers, strip malls, restaurants, etc. If the Stevens group doesn't take advantage of this parcel, someone else will.
Viewed 1468 times
Last edited by 808Freq on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:18 am.

Flap, Flap, Flap. I'm a sexy girl!

Re: Naples City Zoo [RCT3]

Postby davisal771 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Looks cool! I'll be following this one for sure!
Coasters: 33, 31 steel, 2 wood Park count: 10, Elitch Gardens home park... :)

|Facebook!|

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Calicoasters » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Looks good so far, and I really like the story line.

Postby 808Freq » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:22 am

8/30/10

From naplesnews.com

The BlackRock Group (BRG) has won the final round of the auction selling off the Naples City Zoo. With the decision comes a new round of accusations of backroom dealing among councilmen. An unnamed executive with Simon Malls, the competing bidder, accuses the Naples city council of practically "giving" the land to BlackRock. "They didn't want another mall competing with Coastland, which is partially owned by one of the chairmen of the city council. This is the last time Simon will ever attempt to invest in the city of Naples."

The next step is to decide to what do with the land. One thing is for sure, the Zoo will be closing it's doors. Rodney Stevens, the CEO of the BlackRock Group L.L.C., sat down with Naplesnews.com "For years the Zoo hasn't been able to compete for consumers' entertainment dollar. Animals are cute, but cute doesn't pay the bills." When asked what the land will be used for, "That is under consideration. Naples commercial real estate market is shattered, and being so close to a well respected entity such as Coastland Center Mall, commercial property doesn't make sense. But there is a strong need for residential. Say, apartments. We are looking at all options in that regard. Then, of course, there is the family entertainment option." Publicly, that is the option that Stevens prefers, already being involved in the family entertainment industry. "Viability is the issue. High speed rail connecting Miami, Southwest Florida, and Tampa and central Florida make things like large scale theme parks viable in today's market. Things like overbearing city restrictions and regulations make that viability a bit bleaker." Currently there is a height restriction of one hundred feet for 'amusement rides' in the city of Naples. Such restrictions would make it hard for a theme park to compete in today's competitive family entertainment industry. "Time will tell."

We leave you with some shots of closing day. A somber day for sure, but who knows what the future will bring!

zoocloseday.jpg
A good turnout for the last day.
Viewed 1293 times

Tiltclose.jpg
The crowd favorite giving it's fans a good ride.
Viewed 1293 times

ferrisbrokeclose.jpg
To add insult to injury, the Ferris Wheel broke, keeping riders stuck for over an hour.
Viewed 1293 times

zooclose2.jpg
The crowd files out as the zoo closes it's gates for the final time.
Viewed 1293 times

animalsgone.jpg
The animals were removed almost immediately after the last person left the zoo.
Viewed 1293 times

securityguy.jpg
Making the last rounds.
Viewed 1293 times

Postby 808Freq » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 pm

From naplesnews.com's Online Entertainment Blog -- "Jimmy's Corner"

First things first, a picture that I took just after the zoo closed. The first bulldozer at work at demolition. I post it now, because I was going to post it earlier (forgot I had taken it), plus it gives perspective (more on that in a moment).

phase 1.jpg
The very first dig into the ground. Beginning of the end for the zoo.
Viewed 1162 times

Though there has been no official word on what the land for the zoo will be used for, there is activity on the site.

Phase 1-3.jpg
Supplies being stockpiled.
Viewed 1162 times

phase 1-4.jpg
Vehicles are large piles of wood.
Viewed 1162 times

More updates soon. I leave you with that 'perspective' shot. The same before, just fast forward a bit. Seems like they are building onto the old zoo ticket-house.

phase 1-2.jpg
No more Tilt a whirl. Construction crew parking lot added. Scaffolding galore.
Viewed 1162 times

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby paradisecoaster » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:36 pm

So, can this be the start of a new themepark?
Life is Like a RollerCoaster

Postby 808Freq » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:13 pm

newspaper.jpg
Viewed 1090 times

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby paradisecoaster » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:18 am

Just my thoughts ;)
Life is Like a RollerCoaster

Re: Announcing Miccosukee Park [RCT3]

Postby 808Freq » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:56 am

banner.jpg
Viewed 1011 times

Announcing Miccosukee Park, opening soon in beautiful Naples, Florida. Operated by the newly created Blackrock Seminiole Entertainment group, the park will offer fun for the whole family. Ranging from classic style flat rides to thrilling roller coasters, Miccosukee Park will be Southwest Florida's best place to relax, let loose, and have fun!

TPR Game Exchange Moderator and RCT/RCT2 hacker

Re: Announcing Miccosukee Park [RCT3]

Postby djbrcace1234 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Hopefully it will be a nice little park to visit. :-)
Fry: Uh, is there a human doctor around?
Dr. Zoidberg: Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

Next

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness