The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'd like to buy a vowel!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:07 am

^^ Wow. KoD has been closed forever and they're whining. At least the Maelstrom idiots were losing a ride that was still operational. :roll:

I can't wait to ride this! Not a whole lot of details about the ride system yet but it seems like this is different from Wonder Mountain's Guardian in that it's a more traditional dark ride style (a la the Sally Corp dark rides) with everyone facing the same direction rather than back to back. I'm sure the vehicles will be on a swivel, though!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:18 am

Very excited for the new dark ride, I think the concept art looks amazing. Knott's did a first class job with the TMLR and CMR renovations and it sounds like Voyage will be on the cutting edge of dark ride technology. I also like that the ride will incorporate the existing Knott's rides into the story and not just be some random underwater excursion. I was really encouraged when I read about Ouimet's 5 year plan for the Knott's and I think this ride will be a great addition to the park. Hopefully a killer new coaster and another slide complex for Soak City are next parts of the plan, but I trust that Ouimet and Raffi will continue to make the right decisions for the park.
Coaster Count: 208 Last Coaster: Superman Krypton Coaster
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Wingwright » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:20 am

This looks wonderful. Kingdom of the Dinosaurs was my favorite ride at Knott's growing up. I'm so happy to see what looks like a worthy successor take it's place after all these years. Did people honestly expect them to bring back Beary-Tales or KOD?

Also, the octopus art makes me nostalgic for Hammerhead. Am I the only one? :lmao:

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:24 am

Too bad the Kraken wasn't tearing down Windseeker in this photo ;)

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby CrazedZooChimp » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:47 am

So wait, what's the confidential announcement at IAAPA going to be after this was already announced?

Also, I love the art design for this ride, hopefully the actual video and themeing matches that quality.
Read stuff I write (mostly about NorCal happenings) over at Coaster101!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:48 am

^Maybe whats inside the ride itself? Or a totally unrelated project.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby disney4me2001 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:59 am

BugEyed wrote:This looks like a fantastic addition to the park. In particular, I just love the design and art direction.

I'll be the first in line to buy a full-size poster of those tentacles wrapped around Supreme Scream and Sky Cabin.

Same here! It has a very "Sharknado" vibe to it! I would love it if they sold this art as a wall poster or print! I'd also like to see them do pins inspired by the art, like maybe Supreme Scream with a tentacle around it and the Iron Reef logo at the bottom of the pin (yes, I collect the Knott's pins!).

Also- does this art remind anyone of Seaside Heights in New Jersey (still too soon)?
Feel free to add me on The Simpsons Tapped Out: 1337me_69

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby disney4me2001 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:07 am

Wingwright wrote:Also, the octopus art makes me nostalgic for Hammerhead. Am I the only one? :lmao:

Nope, you're not the only one! I loved Hammerhead, and I wish it was still there! It may not have been necessarily popular, but in my opinion it was one of the best themed flat rides!

I remember that there was a fountain at the base of Hammerhead, and after it closed a couple of the mermaids were moved to Perilous Plunge (and were then removed when that area was redone). If Knott's still has them, it would be cool if they found a new home inside of Iron Reef!
100_1299.JPG
These are the mermaids I'm talking about- they were part of a larger fountain when Hammerhead was around.
100_1300.JPG
Another mermaid (and a fish).
Feel free to add me on The Simpsons Tapped Out: 1337me_69

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:15 am

robbalvey wrote:
OrlandoGuy wrote:But that name really doesn't roll off the tongue at all, does it?

I kind of felt that "Voyage to the Iron Reef" was sort of a spiritual homage to the "Kingdom of the Dinosaurs" name in a way. I'm probably just reading too much into it.

The important thing to note is the word "wind" is nowhere in the title. :lmao:

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Bubba » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:16 am

DJeXeL wrote:The usual GP stupidity is taking place on KBF's IG. ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415897886.855949.jpg

When does the construction for the underground show building start?

I'm really excited for this ride & I have to love that picture of Kraken attacking the Boardwalk. Saving Knotts from monsters sounds like a blast, especially it being four minutes. I'm sure this is a ride I'll want to ride over & over again.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!