TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa vs. Heide?

Ted Spoon

So I want to go to one of these puppies for my 23rd, but with Blue Fire showing up in Europa I'm not too sure now.

I still favour Heide for two reasons:

1) Colossus looks and sounds like the best ride out of everything

and

2) A day is not complete without a drop tower and Scream is suppose to be awesome.

Of course I recognise that Silver Star is rather sweet and has been running better lately with less brakes.

Could I have some other opinions please?

Many thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on what you're after. Both park's offer a fantastic time but for different reasons. Most people would agree that Heide has better rides than Europa, and yes Colossus is amazing, but the atmosphere and theming at Europa are insane. If you're going to stay at a hotel Europa wins that one too.

Personally I'd go to Europa

P.s. Silver star is crap!

^Agree with your Europapark choice. The theming is really amazing.

Silver Star may not be the best B&M out there, but calling it crap ... .

I still enjoy Sista everytime I ride it. But the airtime on Collossos is amazing too. But still, I would opt for EP.

Europa Park is overall better. Blue Fire owns everything at Heide Park. (But gives Collosos a run for its money)

The theming is better

The quality is better

The food is better

The atmosphere is better

The staff is better

More stuff to do

Pick Europa Park!

--James

It really depends on what you're after. Both park's offer a fantastic time but for different reasons. Most people would agree that Heide has better rides than Europa, and yes Colossus is amazing, but the atmosphere and theming at Europa are insane. If you're going to stay at a hotel Europa wins that one too.

Personally I'd go to Europa

P.s. Silver star is crap!

!

But surely if Silver Star is not up to much; Europa's most attractive ride, then it can't be much better.

I'm not all about theming boys - I'm all about ride intensity/fun and I think Heide Park has more beef in that department....

What say you aboot that one?

I'm not all about theming boys - I'm all about ride intensity/fun and I think Heide Park has more beef in that department....

What say you aboot that one?

Well like I said, if you want rides over everything else, then heide is your park. Colossus is a great ride, I'm sure you'll love it

I'd still put fun with Europa though

I visited both for the first time last year & enjoyed both, but Europa Park really left a much bigger impression on me & i am returning there this summer.

Heide Park was a really nice park, but besides Colossus (one of the best woodies ever ridden) i didn't really rate anything else as worthy of a revisit.

They have plenty to fill one day, but thats all.

One thing i will give Heide Park over Europa Park, was Europa was one of the busiest parks i had ever been to. Heide was busy, but nowhere near as much as Europa Park. I went to Europa on a weekday when it wasn't holidays & got to ride all the main rides, but only once each (bar Euro Mir which i did twice).

At Heide I got to ride Colossus countless times, plus all the other rides i wanted to multiple times.

Still would and am choosing Europa over Heide.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Europa was the best park we visited on the TPR tour last year--Paris Disney came in second. I echo everybody's else's comments: I really like Heide a lot, but it's tough to beat Europa.

It even has the best Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion knockoffs.

You know, I understand those very well, who say, that they`re missing that extra-kick at Europa.

Me too...until Blue Fire opened. And the "discussion" about the "family-friendliness" of Blue Fire is ridiculous in my opinion. Blue Fire IS a thrill-ride and completes this park so perfectly, so that NOW the whole Europa-package is hard to beat. Earlier it was more a question of personal preferences, I think.

So...have a good time...and always nice to hear of you, cfc !

GeorgeT