TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Commercials with roller coasters

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, with the people in the last year or so that have died doing stupid crap like this, is it really responsible of a major company to produce a commercial promoting "going over the fence" to get cool stuff? Seems pretty idiotic to me.....

So, with the people in the last year or so that have died doing stupid crap like this, is it really responsible of a major company to produce a commercial promoting "going over the fence" to get cool stuff? Seems pretty idiotic to me.....

Not really, if you pause the video 0:04 you can clearly see the fence blocking the guest from the ride. And the area where the guest are, there is no fence blocking it off. So this video dose not promote "going over the fence" to get cool stuff.

And in real life, there is no grass where the guest are, its part of the midway.

Back in the 60s and early 70's, Norfolk, VA's WGH-AM 1310 ( Norfolk's big rock station at the time ) in some of their TV ads featured The Rocket at Ocean View Amusement Park.

Back in those day I believe WGH had a small remote studio at the park either right next to or UNDER the Rocket and yes because of the location often one would hear the Rocket and the screams...on WGH.

• 3 months later...
As for other commercials, I know I keep seeing one where it shows a split second of Colossus, but I can't remember which.

Bing commercial. Pause it at 00:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy7Grx3fb2M

I've also seen a McDonalds commercial where they say: Someone even has to test the coasters, and they show someone riding Goliath at SFMM. Then at the end they show someone eating a Big Mac with Viper running in the background.

Car Commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8JXnUqergs

^Wow, I can't stand that whole Ride Warriors thing. Unbelievably grating. Just, no. no. no.

I love the Silverwood commercial! It shows this man just sitting and chillin', interspersed with images of the cute, family rides...like those adorable flying elephants. Then the man gets turned face down, his expression changes completely, and we realize he's on Aftershock! It makes it look like he just realized it as well. I think the dialogue is cool as well but I can't remember what they say.

I'm sure this advertising concept has been done before, but it's the first time I've seen it, anyway.