Disneyland Paris Photo Trip with rare photos(resized)

Disneyland Paris Photo Trip for St. Patricks Week
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Disneyland Paris Photo Trip with rare photos(resized)

Postby neovortex2k » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:33 am

Hey guys,

I am just back from a 5 day stay in the Disneyland Resort Paris. We stayed in Sante Fe (you know global ressesion and all that). We went for St.Patricks week as being there the year before last it's a great time to go.

The atmosphere was great and the ride time was excellent! The most we queued was 50 minutes and that was for Crush's Coaster running at full capacity and joining the queue at the very end. It is my new favourite coaster ever! It's brilliant. If you board it in reverse in the station the first drop is stomach churning. R'N'R did break down but was fixed within 30 minutes and i managed to get a few rare pics and video of the launch with the lights on. The queue time was at most 15 minutes

The Tower of Terror was excellent. I really enojoyed it more than Orlando. The lift drops in the same shaft as the 2 show parts of the ride unlike the Orlando one where it travels from the back shaft to the front one before it drops. Again the queue time was between 10 to 15 minutes. they have 6 loading platforms with 3 on ground level and 3 about so they load one level while the the other is in motion, very clever.

Indiana Jones was as good as ever with a 10 to 5 minute wait time. Pirates had a no wait time and a straight walk on. They haven't updated their version to include the new Jack Sparrow, don't know if they will. The do have two manaqueins that look like Will turner and jack sparrow but they were there before the movie.

Space mountain was again 10 to 15 minutes. The gun was broken for the entire length of our stay but still a great ride.

Wasn't inpressed with the extra magic hours as we didn't realise it only applied to the magic kingdom park and when we arrived we found out it was ounly main street and fanteasyland that was open.:-( we were not that happy. Other than that we had a brilliant time.

I'll try put captions on the pics to explain the rare ones as i'm not quite sure how to work it but here goes.

So let the pictures begin...................
22 (2).jpg
Me on the tea cups on Paddy's day. AS you see i'm wearing my green.
1-1 - Copy.jpg
Obligatory Castle shot
3 - Copy.jpg
The castle from behind(sounds kind of naughty)
4 - Copy.jpg
Rock'N'Roller Coaster Loading station witht the lights getting ready for a test run
5 - Copy.jpg
With the lights on you can see the catch car in full view that launchs the Roller coaster to it's full speed
6 - Copy.jpg
This is the launch tunnel with the lights on. I have a video on coastertube of the launch with lights on
7 - Copy.jpg
Another view of the catch car and it's docking station
8 - Copy.jpg
Here you can see the full launch platform with the lights on. You can see how different it is themed to the Orlando ride.
9 - Copy.jpg
Here you can see the mechanics wlking back down the right handside of the launch tunnel. They just fixed the fault camera which was the casue of the shut down.
10 - Copy.jpg
Pretty self explanitory
11 - Copy.jpg
Here you can see this statue is in the movie studios as apposed to the magic Kingdom in Florida
12 - Copy.jpg
The new Hollywood skyline and new entrance to the Tram Tour
13 - Copy.jpg
New editions to Mickey Mouse's Sorcerers hat
14 - Copy.jpg
Crush's loading station. I found the best ride is loading the turtle at the back as it spins when approaching the first drop and you almost freefall
15 - Copy.jpg
Mine!
16 - Copy.jpg
Wei Wei
18 - Copy.jpg
The turtle coaster's outdoor portion
20 - Copy.jpg
When the coaster hit the final brake run I pointed the camera striagth up and took a pic
22 - Copy.jpg
This is a view from the top of the Tower of Terror, right before it does it's big drop. You can see Space mountain in the middle and the castle to the right
23 - Copy.jpg
This is a view from the top of the Tower of Terror, right before it does it's big drop. You can see Space mountain to the right the castle in the middle and Big thunder Mountain to the left
24 - Copy.jpg
Very random onride photo of me and by lucky coincidence you can see a partil bit of the loop aswell
25 - Copy.jpg
The castle and Space Mountian as seen from Indiana Jones before the first drop
27 - Copy.jpg
Indiana Jones after it's final brake run as taken from the queue at the top of the station
29 - Copy.jpg
Big thunder Mountain seen from Phantom Manor at sunset
30 - Copy.jpg
This is BTM in the first tunnel on the way over to the island
31 - Copy.jpg
This is BTM in the second tunnel on the way back from the island
32 - Copy.jpg
This is BTM in the second tunnel on the way back from the island look forward at the side of the train
33 - Copy.jpg
34 - Copy.jpg
Newport Bay hotel at night over the lake
35 - Copy.jpg
36 - Copy.jpg
My ketchup came out onto my burger in a strangly familiar shape!
37 - Copy.jpg
38 - Copy.jpg
TOT as seen from the top of BTM
40 - Copy.jpg
The castle in all it's glory at dusk, enhancing it's pink colour
32 - Copy.jpg
This is BTM in the second tunnel on the way back from the island looking back down the train

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 am

Wooooooooow, resize alert!!!! I'm viewing at 1440x900 and that still looks way too big!

I'd love to comment on your photos, but they are just too big mate!

Will check back when they have been resized I think.

Andrew

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:56 am

I don't think anyone runs a resolution big enough to view fully view these photos. But the photos were neat... I just had to Right Click and View Image to see them better. Makes me excited for my Disney trip in a few day down in Orlando!

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:08 am

Blimey!

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Tbcoasterfan » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:39 am

Nice photos..... That is a very pretty park

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby neovortex2k » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:42 am

sorry about that guys all the photos havew been resized now!

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:49 am

Nice photos, haven't been since 2002, nice to see the updates, would have been a better trip back then had they had ToT and Crush!

May have to take another trip across the channel!

Andrew

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:53 am

Cool photos, I like the ones from Big Thunders tunnel, I was dying to ride this at night but something came up!
Looks like you had fun though.

Are you American? Are you nice?

Postby hansrubens » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 pm

Great Pictures.

When I was in Disneyland Paris back in February I had some kind of error on R'n'R too. The train didn't roll back a bit before the launch. So when the train was launched we had a big "hump" and my back hurted like hell.

----Hans
http://www.wervershovers.nl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wervershoof
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/be4e773a94a989167eb130d5ad78f5fe.jpg[/img][/url]

I eat 10,000 rancid testicles for breakfast.

Postby monkeyoverlord71 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:55 pm

I'll be there next week! :b

The pictures are pretty cool.
Thanks for showing them.
Official Big Mike Cheerleader!!!
PHOTOGRAPHY!!! http://martin-a-cumming.deviantart.com/

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive