Photo TR: Enchanted Kingdom

Manila Philippines!! (2 Credits Robb and Elissa don't have?)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Photo TR: Enchanted Kingdom

Postby ChrisFL » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:31 am

I think this may be the first TR ever done for this park on here.

I am currently living in Manila for my work and this is the first park I've checked out, apparently there aren't many.

I was invited by a friend of mine to go with her friends and family to Enchanted Kingdom. I was not sure what to expect, but I have to say it's actually a nice park.

They have a "magic" theme and a wizard for their mascot, but this isn't a Disney clone. They do have themed lands though, and some nice rides. Due to the wonderful exchange rate, admission is equal to only about $10 U.S.

One other thing this park has going for it, the tallest, fastest and most inversions of a coaster in all of the Philippines!! More on that later...

First, some pictures at the entrance:

Map:

Sadly, we missed checking her out but nice outfit :lover: :

As soon as the park opened we were treated to a dance. There were many different places with dancing throughout the day:

Nice view:

Sadly, they only had the rapids open for a short while and we missed it :cry: :

My one big complaint in the park is with this. They had Pirates 4D which is bad enough, but it was also an UPCHARGE! Sure they had the full seats with many effects we didn't see at the one in Busch Gardens Tampa, but still....it's Pirates 4D!! :p

Here is the Brooklyn Street section where it is decorated for Chinese New Year. This section appears to be a 1930's-1940's era but aged to look like its been untouched since then. Still, it was well done.

They had a Lego Racers simulator ride, but I was feeling ill that morning and decided to skip it, my friends enjoyed it though:

My friend Marianne and her son with some creepy Alien dude and dancers:

Postby ChrisFL » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:39 am

Continued:

Then....we came upon it...the biggest, meanest, fastest roller coaster in the whole country...brace yourselves...

It is...the Space Shuttle:

Yes... a Vekoma Boomerang in all of its classic Vekoma goodness (I needed some aspirin when it was done)

Some other attractions:

Swan Lake, where later that night, Marianne and I decided to try it only to find out our swan didn't enjoy turning to the right....we were stuck a few times and eventually were nearly towed back to the loading station.

Ubanga-Boata:

Jungle Stuff:

Food Court:

Now I have to tell you about why I really like the amount of detail and theming going into this park, it's clearly evident right here in this area. First, you'll notice the font used on those two places on the right, Burgers and Karate Kid, clearly use the same font used in Jurassic Park. It's emulating something without coming out and saying it.

Also, observe these two pictures:

Notice that since this Food Court splits the Space themed area with the Jungle themed one, that they took great lengths to ensure the proper theming would win out and each side is dramatically matching its own land. Clever.

Later, on the stage, they had a really bad lip synching of Justin Timberlake's "My Love" with several dancers and the lead "singer" who actually looked a lot like Mark Wahlberg (aka Marky Mark)...weird. They also had a special "Love Duets" or Duits if you listen to the announcer, where two of the contestants were first cousins and sang lovingly to each other.

Moving on:

I think this was the Victorian section of the park, nice but it's definitely missing something (B&M Hyper?):

Something strangely funny about this:

There was a rollerskater too (So I think that's 2 credits that Robb and Elissa don't have!!)

Now I am not too sure about this flat ride. I had never seen one before and went on it....it was disturbing for some reason...I hated it, Marianne did too. Of course her son loved it, so ymmv

They had Dodgems (is that word used at any U.S. parks?)

I also found a strange food item:

They did have a Condor but it was not working:
Next was the kids section, called Boulder something, it looked like Bedrock to me:

Somehow, being in a third world-ish country going to a park I had never heard of before and seeing a sign for the ride like this kinda bothered me:
And a parting shot:

Overall I did enjoy the day, this is actually a good park and could fit nicely in many places in the U.S. I think. They do seem to have lots of extra land next to the park, makes me wonder if they'll ever expand. There was also a fireworks show and they have their own theme music for the park. One thing that was annoying is they make park announcements and they repeat about 10 times, this happened throughout the day.

The upchage for Pirates 4D also bothered me, then I realized the theater only holds about 45 people, it may be only something for crowd control. FYI it was about 80 cents U.S. equivalent so nothing major.

But if you ever end up in Manila and want something fun to do, I do recommend this park.

The classic!

Postby dr.gumbo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:43 am

Looks like a nice place, the rides aren't extraordinary but the theming and the atmosphere pretty good.

Thanks for the photos.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:40 am

Wow, except for the fact that their biggest coaster is a Boomerang, that park looks great!

Thanks for the TR!
Erik Allen Elness

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:53 am

Nice TR! I didn't even think that the Philippines had credits. It is kind of sad that a boomerang holds the record for the tallest& fastest coaster with the most inversions.
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:10 am

Since this is a park few TPRers have been to and it is such a complete Photo TR, We have made an exception it and added this to the Park Index, even though the pictures are not uploaded to TPR.

thanks for introducing most of TPR to a new park
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby ChrisFL » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:12 am

I can upload to the server if someone can point me to it ;)

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:39 am

Wow, I would have never expected that to be there. The American section is somewhat disturbingly nice. Too bad their coaster collection isn't up to par with the rest of the park.

"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Thanks for the TR. I always love seeing parks in other countries. This park kind of reminds me of Xetulul in Guatemala. When I showed up there, I was blown away at the level of theming considering where it is located. Thanks again for all of the great pictures.
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:26 pm

larrygator wrote:Since this is a park few TPRers have been to and it is such a complete Photo TR, We have made an exception it and added this to the Park Index, even though the pictures are not uploaded to TPR.

thanks for introducing most of TPR to a new park

I've already moved the photos over to TPR's server. Please make sure any links in the park index point to the new location.

Chris, this is an awesome TR! Thanks for posting it!

--Robb

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!