TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Happy Birthday, Hitler

BeemerBoy

Under the category, "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding....," I give you this heart warming birthday story just in time for the holidays.

EASTON, Pa. — The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance.

Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the nearby ShopRite, but also with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article about the cake.

Heath Campbell, who is 35, said in an interview Tuesday that people should look forward, not back, and accept change.

"They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what [Hitler] did," he said.

After ShopRite refused the request for the cake as inappropriate, the Campbells got a cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said.

About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, according to Heath Campbell.

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name."

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived all his life in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, which is across the Delaware River from Easton.

Talk amongst yourselves. Just try to keep it civil. My favorite part is that the good and caring people at Wal-Mart came through in the clutch. Oh, white trash, you never fail to leave me with a head-shaking moment almost every day of my life.

0_61_320ad.jpg.5d2d102fb9b4daaacc9a1cb7c7062a9a.jpg

Awww, they're just such an adorable family. Bless their hooded little ignorant hearts.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a while back how giving your children a proper name helps them succeed in life. Guess the parents didn't care and set them up for failure and ridicule. They may say a name doesn't matter (I find it hard to believe according what the store they originally went to said), but it takes a certain type of parent that will use their own kids as guinea pigs for their theories.

I feel for those kids when they have to look for jobs and they fill out the applications. Prepare to be passed over for jobs. I'm betting they use a nickname or run to the courthouse to get it changed when they're old enough.

Guess Walmart won't mind though they're just looking for a retail gig.

Terry

I think the parents are slightly antisemitic as there are plenty of other unique names they could have gone with. Their three children all have names relating Nazism, and I don't think there is a good reason/excuse for it. The parents can say any excuse they want, and I'm not buying it. The kids are going to be hated in school, and if I were them, I'd change my name as soon as I could.

What a jerk to do that to his kids. When I read, "The kid isn't going to grow up and do what [Hitler] did," I knew right away that he didn't care about his son.

I would never refer to my son as, "The Kid". Give me a break. He used all three of his children as tools.

What a sad example of a father and a mother.

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Wierd, sad, freaky and just plain....wtf.

All rolled into one big happy holiday newsball!

I just read the article and sighed. I feel sorry for the children. To the parents, I'm sorry, but no excuse of yours works for me. It's just too much to ask of a child as they're growing up and dealing with 'stuff' along the way - THIS, in addition to...???

Not needed, really.