TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Remembering the 2008 Roller Coaster Season!

So my 2008 coaster season is over. It was by far the best season ever. Here are the reasons why 2008 was so AMAZING for me!

1. Rode my top 5 Steel Coasters.

2. Went to Cedar Point.

3. Got 200 credits.

4. More than doubled my 2007 season coaster runs.

5. Went on TPR's Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II & East Coast Trip which was the highlight of the year!

It is sad that such a fun year end but with a lot to look forward to in 2009 it isn't that bad. Here is a B-Roll video I made of my 2008 Roller Coaster Season.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was a pretty good season:

1. Got to 300 coaster credits.

2. Added 4 coasters to my top ten.

3. Rode Phoenix and Boulder Dash for the first time.

4. Rode my top 4 in copious amounts - Phoenix, Dash, Toro, SROS @SFNE.

5. Went to a stack of parks I've long wanted to go to - Knoebel's, Compounce, BGE, Canada's Wonderland, Darien Lake, Waldameer and so on.

Best season so far, thanks to my Florida trip and the East Coast Tour, here's what happened:

1. My count went from 47 to 137!

2. 7 B&M's stormed into my steel-top-10

3. Rode some of the best woodies in the US (if not the world)

4. Went to Disneyworld!

5. Got to experience the awesome TPR-East Coast Tour

My 2008 season wasn't as good as it looked like it would be at the start of the season, but there is always 2009.

1. My coaster count exceed 50 credits when I rode Dark Knight on its opening day.

2. My first GCI coaster was the two week old Evel Knievel.

3. I was finally able to ride Greezed Lightning, which was my first shuttle loop coaster.

Mine was pretty good, I'm just getting closer to 100 every day:

1.) Reached 76 credits

2.) Rode some pretty unique coasters (Wicked comes to mind)

3.) Had some awesome and fun times with great friends

4.) Halloween events were great this year

5.) Knott's exceeded my expectations for them this year

---Brent

Mine was the best ever, for sure.

1. Broke 200 and 300 coasters, with about 170 odd new credits. Still two to go I hope, lol.

2. Behemoth/East Coast tours were THE highlight.

3. I don't know for sure, but I'd say I rode about 250 coasters this year, and between 40 and 50 parks .

4. Rode 15 of my top 20 for the first time, including all my top 3.

5. Probably doubled my wood count (probably!)

6. Rode a GOOD woodie for the first time .

7. Got my first Canadian credit!

8. Rode a lot of unique stuff, stuff I've wanted to ride for years, and a lot of crap!

9. Did my first media snooping.

It has been a great year for me. My Best yet with...

Waldameer

Cedar Point

Sea Breeze*

Darien Lake*

Martin's Fantasy Island*

Canada's Wonderland*

Knoebels*

Lakemont*

*= New Parks

Spotlights of the year

RF2 opening Day

Behemoth

Phall Phun Phest

Darien Lake

Ghost Lake @ Conneaut Lake Park

My count begining of 2008 was 46 and at the end it was 82. I am looking forward to posting that over 100 next season and looking forward to even more parks. I want to hit as many as I can next year before more close.

Here are my highlights.

• Increased my coaster count from 56 to 177
    Credit 100 on Coney Island Cyclone
    Went to Cedar Point
    Top 5 new coasters for the season: Maverick, Boulder Dash, Superman RoS (SFNE), Phoenix, El Toro
    Attended opening day for THBS at SFDK
    And best of all, did my first TPR trip-east coast tour was amazing!

Looking forward to 2009!

This was a HUGE year for me too:

-I got to go on X2!!!

-& Tatsu for the first time

-I got on the new Toy Story Mania ride @ DCA

-I went to Knotts for the first time to get my Montezoomas Revenge credit. Its been 6 years since I've been on that type of shuttle coaster. In 2002 I got my last rides on Greased Lightnin at PGA. (Greased Lightnin has the better launch I think.)

-I was at Disneyland when the earthquake happened just about to go in the Haunted Mansion.

2009:

-I hope to do my trip to LA again but minus Knotts because I don't care to go there again. Disney & Magic Mountain I look forward to every year!

- Saw the ultimate death (and near rebirth) of SFNO.

- Rode my first Arrow: Loch Ness Monster

- Got my first non-B:TR invert...Aplengeist!

- Apollo's Chariot.

- Arrow suspended: Big Bad Wolf

- Went to Waterville USA (Gulf Shores, Alabama) to ride my first woodie/CCI ever: Cannonball Run. It still runs great for being 13 years old.

- City Park's Carousel Gardens is building new rides =]

- Witnessed three EPIC, though predictable, failures in the amusement industry: HRP, Cypress, and Celebration City.

Decent year.

My most eventful since 2004.

My highlights were getting a SF SP for the first time and going to Great Adventure 17 times, including riding Kingda Ka for the first time this year (and I got 13 rides this season).

Going to Hershey and ride the Canyon River Rapids on the 3rd last day of it being open and riding Fahrenheit

Discovering how awesome WWK is at Dorney, I never realized how much fun waterparks are.

I had a pretty good season although not as good as last years. My highlights include:

-4 New Parks(ones I hadn't been to before)

-My first coaster event (Thrills in the Hills at Dollywood and also doing the ACE event in 2 weeks there)

-Thunderhead becoming my new number one woodie and creeping into my top 10 overall

-Riding my first eurofighter (MM) and also my first spinning coaster and zipper (GA state fair)

-Getting my 75th credit on Giant Dipper(6th oldest coaster in existance) at SCBB

-Hitting 85 credits

-Having a lot of fun with friends and meeting new coaster buddies: Priceless!

Also a great year for me.

I increased my counter by some 115 credits.

After a visit to some parks in Italy early in the season, it was time for a 14 days parktrip at the East Coast in May, where I found a new top 3 of favorite coasters.

After 1 week at home, I had to go to Moscow for work, where I had to chance to visit Gorky Park.

End of June I had to chance to meet up with the TPR gang at Toverland with 2.5 hours of ERT.

In August we stayed at the Castle Club in DLP which was a great experience.

And in Octobre, we went 2 times to the Fright Nights at Walibi World.

I had a terrible season as far as new parks/coaster go.

1. THBS opening day/coasters after dark at SFDK

2. Went to CGA for the 1st time and got a season pass so I went back two more times! Drop Zone is my favorite ride and Top Gun (Flight Deck) my favorite coaster.

Besides going at least 15 times to my home park (SFDK) over the season nothing too exciting. I should easily double my count and how much fun I have next year on the Texas Trip though!

This year, although not multi-park eventful was still quite nice for me.

1) Moved from Seattle to LA

2) Put my seasons pass to good use at Magic Mountain (this includes my first trip there ever)

3) Experienced Disney Magic

4) My first trip to Vegas!

5) Credit count hit 100 wooooo!

And thats it. I'll make it to MM at least once more, hopefully DCA for the first time, and Knotts for the first time by the end of the year. Which although i hear bad things, Ill be excited none the less!

Heres to a hopefully amazing 09 season!

I didn't rack up too many credits this year, but it was fun nonetheless. Ravine Flyer cracked my top 3. I got to ride Boulder Dash pre-braking, I now live in Orlando so my season technically isn't over yet, and I did 4 parks in one day (most for me so far - Sea Breeze, Darien, Martin's and Waldameer.) Here's to hoping the rest of the season is great and the 2 new coasters coming down here are awesome!

Worst coastering year ever (well, since the time I've been an 'enthusiast').

Got to Wiener Prater, although missed the Volare and Boomerang... (won't explain now). Visited Linnanmäki (sigh), got a new credit, still the total is 7-8 new credits (depends if Star wars? is a coaster).

Hmm...at least it won't be hard to do better next year