Eric's 2008 Theme Park Adventures Updated 4/5

TPR BBQ, DAK & Epcot Page 11
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:36 pm

^ & ^^ Thanks guys.

Larry- It sucks, we put our stuff including my camera in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo before we went on the 3 water rides. By the time we circled around the park back to the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo it was time to head out. This explains why I only took 2 photos the entire day! I'll get the JTA sign for you & TPR someday on a return visit.

Jimmy- I have no idea what the name of the Mexican place was, but it was good. I didn't have any margaritas, but I did have some of the best sangria that I have ever had!

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:17 am

Next stop, at the end of May we visited Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot for the International Flower and Garden Festival with our friends Jamie and Suzanne. Had a nice relaxing day. Kevin, Jamie and Suzanne had never been on Toy Story Mania, so that was a priority. We all really enjoyed the ride. The line is so cool, brought back a lot of memories of childhood to this group of early thirtysomething folks. Had a great lunch and fantastic server at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. If you have never been, check it out. The staff is always very entertaining. After the studios we closed out the day at Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival. A highlight was, we watched the space shuttle launch directly behind Mission Space, kind of ironic, don't you think? Onto the photos, enjoy!
toy1.jpg
First stop, Toy Story Mania. L-R: Kevin, myself, Jamie & Suzanne.
toy2.jpg
Jamie, Suzanne and Kevin loved this ride.
toy3.jpg
The line brought back a lot of memories of toys and games from our childhood.
ts4.jpg
Mr. Potato Head is very cool.
muppets.jpg
Muppet Vision 4D is the best 3D show attraction ever. You can never go wrong with The Muppets. The Muppets rock!
food1.jpg
"Mom" was upset with Suzanne for not eating her veggies.
food2.jpg
After a lecture from "Mom", Suzanne ate her veggies.
space.jpg
We arrived at Epcot just in time to see the space launch, directly over Mission Space.
eboys.jpg
The boys hanging out with Donald.
ebfly.jpg
The Flower and Garden Festival is always a great time of year to visit Epcot.
efrance.jpg
Couldn't come to Epcot and not make a mandatory stop at the French bakery.
sign.jpg
Thanks to Jamie and Suzanne for making Kevin and my day awesome!

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:24 am

Next up was our August visit to Disney's Blizzard Beach for our friend Ray's birthday. We had a good half day. We left early because there was a tropical storm approaching so the park's attractions closed early. We still had fun the short time we were there.
entrance.jpg
This was both Ray and Kevin's first visit to Blizzard Beach.
sled.jpg
Ray and I enjoy a snow sled ride at a winter-themed water park in August!
lift.jpg
First up took the ski lift to experience Teamboat Springs which was a group favorite of the day.
slide2.jpg
The flume slides were fun.
slide.jpg
Ray liked the enclosed slide.
river2.jpg
The lazy river in any park is always nice.
snow1.jpg
Snow and bathing suits - what a great combo!
snow3.jpg
Ray! This is a family park!
snowman.jpg
Even though it was a short visit, we had a good time.

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:26 pm

mattnz wrote:Image

Only because I am *that* gay: Desperately Seeking Susan!

Aw... I wanted to guess!! LOL I knew the answer but only saw this TR today.. :( I have been to the park zillions of times, how on earth did I not know that was there? UGH! NO BUENO for a M fan like me!

Eric, I have to say I am totally enjoying the TR! I am not even done with page two yet... but I can expect nothing less than the best at this point! You get mucho kudos... You did get to see her this year, right? They blasted M alot on that one ride... so lucky!

Kudos also to mattnz for guessing! :)

~a fellow M fan

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:46 pm

^ Thanks Lena! The facade from Desperately Seeking Susan is located near the restrooms between the Mummy, Starbucks and Beetlejuice. And to answer your question, I did get to see her in concert this Fall. it was a lot of fun! Here is my concert report: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=47948
It's good to meet a fellow M fan. :)

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:00 pm

TPR Tokyo Trip 2008

In September I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the TPR Tokyo trip. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be able to go to Japan. Well dreams can come true. There is nothing I could say that hasn't already been said about Tokyo. It is an amazing, efficient and mind stimulating city!

After about 17 hours of traveling, I arrived in Tokyo with a fellow trip participant and new friend, Simon. No sooner after we checked into our hotel, Elissa and Kidtums wisked us off to LaQua at the Tokyo Dome City complex. Being kind of tired from all the traveling made the subway ride trip that much more surreal. It really felt like I was in a dream!
Once at LaQua, I to got to ride a few things like Thunder Dolphin. Since I love hypers, I thought this was a fun ride. This ride's main bonus is the location. The ride at night zipping around and onto of the roof tops in Tokyo was a pretty cool intro to our trip. Rode a few other credits and the parachute drop. Then it was off back to the hotel to crash and rest up for our first full park(s) day.

We started our first official day at Nasu Highland. We had ERT on quite a few of the coasters in the morning which was great. Big Boom had a crazy steep drop and the weirdest tire brakes I have ever seen. One of my favorite coasters of the day was the spinning coaster. Dave and I had that car spinning crazy! Rode a few interesting and fun flats. Saw a really weird and long, but funny 4D Pokemon movie.

Something I should mention, along with coasters I am a big dark ride/haunted house/walk through fan. Thanks to my good friend Chuck (cfc) he gave me the run down of a lot of really unique Japanese walk through attractions before the trip that helped a lot, so thanks again Chuck - you rock! We rode a few dark rides which were cool. We also did a walk through called Hell Ship which had a few good gags.

But one of the main highlights of Nasu Highland was the LEGO attraction. This was a lot more elaborate than most of us thought it would be. Overall Nasu Highland was a nice park and I think everyone enjoyed our time there.
1.jpg
After my gazillion hour flight, we arrived at our hotel, The Shinagawa Prince. After checking in, it was off to LaQua. Our hotel had great views of the Tokyo skyline.
3.jpg
After arriving from our long flight, Tokyo at night was really dream like. So many lights!
2.jpg
Unfortunately, this was the only photo I took at LaQua that sort of came out. The park was really cool at night!
4.jpg
Our first full park on the trip was Nasu Highland.
5.jpg
We lucked out all day, the crowds were nonexistent.
7.jpg
On our way to ERT on 3 of the park's coasters.
8.jpg
Got to love the RCTish look of how the three coasters intertwine with each other.
9.jpg
Dave and Simon demonstrate how to ride the coaster.
10.jpg
Rich looks happy riding the Bat Flyer coaster.
11.jpg
So does Dave, too bad they are both going to get a painful surprise during the brakes at the end of the ride! =p
12.jpg
Other than the sudden and painful end, this was a fun coaster.
13.jpg
Cheryl is all like "no hands!" she is going to wish she braced herself for that sudden stop!
14.jpg
Nasu had one haunted walk through called Hell Ship which a had a few good gags.
15.jpg
THe park also had a very cool LEGO attraction.
16.jpg
The centerpiece of the attraction were replicas of different famous Tokyo landmarks and city scenes.
17.jpg
The details were really cool.
18.jpg
We actually spent quite a bit of time in here.
19.jpg
20.jpg
The LEGO attraction had a cool dinosaur jungle.

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:10 pm

Nasu Highland Cont.
21.jpg
Loved the Mona Lisa made out of LEGOS.
22.jpg
23.jpg
For you Star Wars fans.
24.jpg
Awesome!
25.jpg
26.jpg
We rode this fairy tale ride which was interesting.
27.jpg
Are you guys ready to experience some knock-off Disney classics?
28.jpg

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Nasu Cont.
29.jpg
Cute.
30.jpg
31.jpg
Ok, maybe kind of creepy!
32.jpg
Everyone comes off this ride with a smile including Simon and Julie.
33.jpg
There was haunted dark ride that wasn't too bad.
34.jpg
The "Dark Castle of Japan" had an eerie effect with faces appearing and disappearing out of the darkness which was kind of freaky.
35.jpg
Lucky we all made it out alive!
mouse.jpg
Cheryl, Lauren, Mike and Julie survived the Wild Mouse.
6.jpg
The carousel was elaborate.
36.jpg
Kristen is too cute.
37.jpg
But not as cute as us! =p

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:04 am

After leaving Nasu Highland, we did a quick visit to Seibuen home to two credits. The steel coaster, "Loop Screw" was kind of rough. The park did have a nice little Hello Kitty themed section.
38.jpg
At Seibuen, one of many large ferris wheels we would see during our time in Tokyo.
39.jpg
Cute themed kiddie ride.
40.jpg
Our first official day on the Tokyo Trip was great! Next up Aqua Stadium! Stay tuned!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:16 am

great TR so far. The bat flyer sounds like a doom kiddie coaster.

^^ What is that? I have never seen a flat like that before.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive