Thrill-Ville USA closes

Rides now listed at rides4u.com!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Thrill-Ville USA closes

Postby buttonman700 » Tue May 20, 2008 2:19 am

I managed this small family owned park for 14 years, last year I resigned my post the the park and moved on the other things.

The owners have called it quits, now I knew this some time ago, but they made it known to the public today.

http://www.thirllvilleusa.homestead.com

Not sure what they are asking for the Jet Star, aka the Ripper, but I know it wont be much. I' love to see a small park pick this great old ride up, the owners of thrill-ville did a good job keeping it up.

Sorry if you never got to come by when I was there, I really loved my job, and the park, It was, for the most part, a real joy to be there.

I'm slow

Postby pagemaster_b » Tue May 20, 2008 3:18 am

Honestly, I'm not surprised, and in my opinion, no big loss. I've been wondering when it would finally kick the bucket. I liked the place as a kid/teen, but over the past few years, the placed looked more and more neglected. I sort of stopped going to Thrillville as that there never seemed to have anything new. The slide was a nice addition, but it came a little too late. Beside, Thrillville really didn't offer much in the way of thrilling rides.

Hmm, maybe Enchanted Forest next door might buy some of the rides.
There's no problem too big that C-4 can't fix.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue May 20, 2008 3:19 am

Rats!

:(

All the years I've passed by Thrill-Ville USA, driving down I-5 through Oregon.

Never got to it.

My loss. Sad to hear about it closing.
Talk is cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby carolinacaniac » Tue May 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Bummer, I was hoping to hit it within the next couple years as part of a sort of Pacific Northwest park tour. Hopefully the rides won't just be left to rot.
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

Postby buttonman700 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:50 pm

^ the rides are for sale, from what I have been told. Now if this means all the rides, I don't know, I have little contact with the park any more.

I have heard, the Ripper is for sale, the slide might go to a state fair somewhere (she's a beauty!), as for the rest:

Little ripper, tilt-a-whirl, rock-o-plane, sidewinder, paratrooper, bumper boats, go karts, Turbo force, skycoaster, train ride, bulgy the whale, kiddie cars, froghopper(gone), kiddie helicopters, carousel. I have no idea, many are old, many are rare, all need a good home. I'd like to see the train go to the Salem waterfront park. The bumper boats and go karts will more than likely get pick up by an FEC someplace.

I 'lived' here for 14 years of my life and to say I am sad is an understatement.

Sorry.... :(

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Tue May 20, 2008 8:42 pm

What a shame. These smaller parks are cool in their own way, regardless of big thrill rides or not. This one sounded like fun. Hope the rides get good homes.

I'm slow

Postby pagemaster_b » Wed May 21, 2008 3:39 am

I just thought of this, but what's the fate of the water slides? They're not fancy, but besides Olinger Pool, they're one of the last water slides left in Salem. I remember the heyday when there was Hydrotube and Waterworks (neither of which lasted long).
There's no problem too big that C-4 can't fix.

Postby buttonman700 » Wed May 28, 2008 8:46 am

Well I heard last night you can pick the Ripper up for around 45K! All the rides for around 275K!

RCDB has soe nice pictures -

http://www.rcdb.com/ig340.htm?picture=2

http://www.rcdb.com/ig340.htm?picture=4

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Wed May 28, 2008 12:43 pm

^Holy cow! That is REDICULOUSLY cheap for a coaster that big(or for a coaster in general, really), considering how much coasters usually cost!

I play Metroid every day!

Postby Kennyweird » Wed May 28, 2008 12:58 pm

buttonman700 wrote:Well I heard last night you can pick the Ripper up for around 45K! All the rides for around 275K!

RCDB has soe nice pictures -

http://www.rcdb.com/ig340.htm?picture=2

http://www.rcdb.com/ig340.htm?picture=4

I wonder if there are any random, obsessed ACErs out there who want to buy the thing. I mean, it's cheap enough.
This is my signature. Deal with it.
Kennywood Rides Team Member- Racer/Skycoaster
Coaster count: 67

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!