Best Day For Busch Gardens Tampa?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Best Day For Busch Gardens Tampa?

Postby mkast » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:20 pm

Okay, so I'm going to be in Florida from July 21 to July 27 and i plan on going to BGT. I want to know what the best day of the week and time of day it would be to ge the least amount of crowds and have the most rides open. This will probably be my only visit for a while seeing a I live in New Jesrey. If theres anything else i should know that would be great! Thanks!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Since you are going in the middle of summer you will encounter summer crowds. I highly recommend that you get to the park before opening so you can round up the coaster credits early in the day. Even in the summer you will be able to ride the coasters quite a few times during the day. Its always better to go on a weekeday if possible.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Any time during a weekday is usually good. During the summer, the park isn't in peak season (though still semi-crowded with locals and tour groups), and you can easily knock out most of the credits in a few hours.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mkast » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Thanks a lot guys.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:06 pm

Tuesday through thursday are the lighter days. Rain is usually in the afternoons. Go at park opening time, buy ticket online saves on an extra line. Montu and Gwazi operate at park open. The rest of the park opens 30 minutes after the park opens because the park is roped off just past Gwazi and just before Rino Rally. Best to hit Gwazi first as it has very slow load operations and the lines can get very long. Most ride Q's operate fast. Have fun.
Johnny Roller Coaster Website with Roller coaster related: events, trip reports and construction photos. http://www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
Manta Construction http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:45 pm

One trick I always use when going to a park during the summer is to find out what the big 'day camp trip days' are.

Basically there are giant camps around the areas. They always have designated trip days...most of the time they all share the same day.

For example at a park that I know a lot about that shall remain nameless...you would be better off going Mon, Tues, or Thurs as Wednesdays are a GIANT camp day.

Also, like others have said, ALWAYS get there early!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby orangeblue » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:25 pm

I went in early July on a thursday last year, and it was fairly crowded due to school functions/conventions (I was with one). I waited 15 min for Gwazi, 25 min for Kumba, 20 min for Montu, and 45 min for Sheikra. Despite the crowds, the lines move pretty fast.

I typically visit the parks on Sundays during various times of the year, and can get all the coasters done in the first 2 hours the parks open with multiple rerides. On a weekday you'll have more than enough time to do everything if you arrive early.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ETapley0687 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:55 am

I'm going in May... 5th through 9th. We wanted go during May because it doesn't rain as much then, but colleges in TN end the week before. So what do yall think? BTW this will be my first time there.

Baby I'm Ready To Gooooooooo

Postby thrillrideseeker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Hey! I am glad you are planning on coming down here! You will love the park! You said that you plan on coming around July 21 to July 27! The summer is always busy so expect longer than normal lines. Most of the camp/class trips are over with by the end May or beginning of June so you don't have to worry to much about that. The only day that is usually not very busy is Wednesday. Again it is the summer so it is still going to be busy, but not nearly as bad as a weekend. On a Wednesday you will have to wait about 15-30 minutes for SheiKra when on any other day you will have to wait 45 minutes up to an hour and a half. So your best bet will be to go on Wednesday July 23! Good luck with your trip planning and I can not wait to see a trip report :)
~Matthew
~Matt & Matt~

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Stuart-J » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:46 am

Hey guys, i am also going to florida but i will be there from 24th april - 9th may, this will be my 4th time in florida and i was just wondering what will the crowds be like at parks like busch gardens sea world universal and disney, are there a lot of long ques ?

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!