Photo TR: Dollywood, River Battle & Opening Day

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Photo TR: Dollywood, River Battle & Opening Day

Postby coasterfreaky » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:45 am

Hi everyone,
I was at Dollywood on the official opening day and snapped a few photos of the new ride and some other stuff around the park.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Sorry folks, this is my first photo tr and it may take me awhile to upload all the photos. :)
rIMG_0219.jpg
2.jpg
The new pathway under Mystery Mine.
3.jpg
When you turn the corner under Myster Mine, this is what you see. New restrooms on the right side (sorry, sunshine issues), River Battle is on the left as you can see. River Battle's footprint is surprisingly big.
4.jpg
Here's where the old and new meet.
5.jpg
Signage fans rejoice!
6.jpg
Located around the perimeter were water canons that you could shoot the riders with.
7.jpg
Boat
8.jpg
Going under the water arch
9.jpg
Excellent themeing
10.jpg
Hole for rent? teehee
11.jpg
More themeing
12.jpg
You can see that targets are everywhere. When one was hit, either you got a surprise or someone else on your boat got a surprise.
13.jpg
14.jpg
Exit Bridge and more aquatic assualt cannons
15.jpg
Here I am starting my River Battle journey. I'm in the blue shirt on the left side, all icognito.
16.jpg
Aqua rage!
17.jpg
Did I mention that it was ice water? Freezing!

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:14 am

Pics are a tad large. . . Good ones though! RB looks like a blast!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Hand 0f Time » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:18 am

Yuo do need to resize the picture. It is kind of anoying scrolling from side to side to get the full picture.

But other than that. It does look like a blast, especially on sunny days when you have the need to cool off. I might to arrange going to Dollywood in the near future.

Postby coasterfreaky » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:33 am

After being drenched in ice water, we went on down the new path towards Tennesse Tornado.

Overall thoughts of River Battle: It's perfect for summer, notsomuch in March, but I had to get my ride on it to test it out. Another winner in the themeing department. Wonderful little animals everywhere, targets, there's just a lot going on - everywhere. In a way overwhelming to take it all in. Very interactive for both the rider and the onlookers, just as they promised. I was exhausted after riding it, but I was full of aqua rage. I got my bicep workout for the day with those guns.
rIMG_0261.jpg
Splinters snacks, in Wilderness Pass, walking from RB towards Tn Tornado.
rIMG_0264.jpg
Wilderness Pass is a lot wider than the path headed up to Timber Canyon.
rIMG_0267.jpg
rIMG_0271.jpg
Tn Tornado. Two train operation
rIMG_0272.jpg
Looking up Wilderness Pass
rIMG_0274.jpg
3 Point Challenge. New for 2008
rIMG_0290.jpg
rIMG_0291.jpg
Rockin Roadway, rehabbed for 2008

Postby coasterfreaky » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:39 am

Sorry about the disjointed first photo trip report. I promise they'll be better in the future. :)

Overall, we had a great day. I was most interested in checking out River Battle and letting everyone see what it looks like. The park was packed - all lots were full upon arrival, so I knew it would be crazy. The new path is fantastic. I really love walking between all the 'thrill rides' and having them in a row, so to speak, is great.

Thunderhead was running two trains, but had a 45 minute wait, so we passed. Mystery Mine was not running all day, Blazing Fury was not running when we passed by it, the steam train was not running either. Some minor dissapointments, but we still managed to enjoy ourselves on the other attractions.

Later,
Coasterfreaky

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:43 am

Im sure that Tunderhead wait was from Mystery Mine and Blazing Fury down!
Ill be going Thursday I think so look for my TR then.

Postby coasterfreaky » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:52 am

Yeah, sorry about these pictures being so large. I will see if i can resize them and repost. I'm working on Iphoto and my antiquated mac..oy.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Voyage_luvr » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:22 pm

Wow, thanks for posting those. I haven't been there since like 2001 when they added The Smokey Mountain Wilderness Adventure. Hopefully I will be visiting this summer though. There is so many new attractions that I think I will spend more time at the park then last time.

River Battle looks awesome. I definitely think it was a tad bit too cold for it to be open though. :?r
Holidog is my Homeboy

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:45 pm

Great trip report! The new area looks great. I'm not sure about some of the hills they've got behind River Battle / the rest of the area but I guess they'll grow in over time. But it'll be good to have a complete loop now.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Thanks for the pictures. Does it look like there is room for new rides along the new path? Or is it just enough room for the pathways towards Tennessee Tornado?

Edit: Looks like you added some pictures that answered my question. Quite a bit of clearing on the east of the path.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive