Photo TR: It Came From Wes's Closet

Embarassing Coaster Memorabilia From An Ex Coaster Nerd
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Photo TR: It Came From Wes's Closet

Postby Wes » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:05 pm

So here's the deal: I used to big a big freaking roller coaster nerd. Obviously I still like coasters and parks, but not even to a tenth of percent of how I used to be back in high school. At some point, I realized this obsession was a detriment to my social life, so I took a long break and focused on other interests that I loved as well.

Still, I had amassed a bunch of extremely hilarious and probably embarrassing coaster crap over the course of my obsessive years. I was over at my parents' house today to do a bunch of laundry and decided to dig around my closet in my old room to find some of the "awesome" memorabilia. So here it is.
1.jpg
Some old coaster books, including a Time Warner era guide to all the Six Flags properties.
2.jpg
Remember when X and Deja Vu were new? I do. So does this cup.
3.jpg
I think this may be my only patch, or at least the only one I could find. Any takers (Jeff?)?
4.jpg
SFMM used to sell the commemorative coins for each of the parks roller coasters. Here's the Colossus one.
5.jpg
Stealth's opening season at PGA.
6.jpg
Before it was Six Flags America, it was Adventure World. Also notice the glowing review from Cal Ripkin Jr at the bottom.
7.jpg
An older postercard for Viper. Looks like Sylvester has the correct reaction to the coaster.
8.jpg
HEY JEFF!!! Remember this CD?!?!?!
9.jpg
Embrassing Photo Time. Here's me and my friend (and little brother) celebrating Batman's opening in 1994.
10.jpg
My stepdad and I braving Batman.
11.jpg
Circa 1998, here's me with the wood used to build Ghostrider at Knott's.
12.jpg
My friend and I rocking out on Steel Force at Dorney.
13.jpg
Here's a glimpse into how f***ing nerdy I was: A Photo of Riddler's construction wall with....
14.jpg
...ACTUAL paint chips from the wall. Yes, I saved paints chips from a construction wall. Oh god.
15.jpg
Were YOU cool enough to rock a Ghostrider wallet?
16.jpg
Some prizes from when I got on the hot seat at Millionare at DCA.
17.jpg
ACE magazines. These aren't old, they just showed up in the mail today.
18.jpg
The Ghostrider Media Day press package! One of the first times I met Robb was on that day.
20.jpg
Indiana Jones Adventure decoding card for the Mara language in the queue. They handed these out the first couple years of operation.
21.jpg
Some sort of photo collage I made for an art class. Yeah. Pathetic.
22.jpg
The VERY first enthusiast made coaster tape, Coastered!
25.jpg
An Indiana Jones commemorative Disneyland ticket from 1995.
26.jpg
An Alpengeist poster that hung proudly on my wall for years...why wasn't I getting laid?!
27.jpg
HAT TIME! A sweet Alpie hat!
28.jpg
Millionaire Hat from getting a certain number of questions right in the hot seat.
29.jpg
Goliath hat, I think we all got these on media day.
30.jpg
I'm not sure if it was for the movie or the coaster, either way it's retarded.
31.jpg
This is the worst hat in existence!!! Why does Dueling Dragons spawn the absolute worst apparel of any coaster?
32.jpg
"Hey ladies! My name is...hey wait...where are you going? Don't you wanna hear about my track count??"
33.jpg
An old Figment doll back from when Imagination kicked A$$ (ie: no scary Eric Idle moon face)
34.jpg
Bad t-shirt section. Here's Ghostrider and Dodonpa (I think to Dodonpa one was given to us at a Solace where Stan Checketts talked)
35.jpg
Riddlers and Superman: The Escape....pretty terrible.
36.jpg
Yeah, rock this Steel Force shirt and impress your friends and family.
37.jpg
Steel Force mousepad, my mom actually still uses this!!!
38.jpg
I think this is a piece of wood from Boulder Dash, they sold them in the gift shop. Worst $5 ever spent.
39.jpg
I'll leave you now with this...a CCI tarp (they used to ship the wood with these) I got from Knott's that I hung on my ceiling. Seriously, how did I ever get ANY action?!?!?!
19_692.jpg
A letter from B&M. I, like nearly every coaster obsessed teen, wanted to design rides for them.

Baby I'm Ready To Gooooooooo

Postby thrillrideseeker » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:10 pm

...WOW... That is a lot of random roller coaster sh!t.
~Matthew
~Matt & Matt~

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:20 pm

This is your best post yet.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:23 pm

Is that Jesus on the Boulder Dash wood?

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:24 pm

Awesome stuff, Wes. I think I see King Henry VII in the Boulder Dash wood! I guess I'm still in that stage you were, just not collecting much but pictures. I'm going to try to get into mechanical engineering, but who knows.

-J "I have an old 1996-1997 SFMM video...that's it" Z

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby timberskara » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:28 pm

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my closet/bedroom at home too. I am so ASHAMED!

--Robb's old school movies...check
--Letter from coaster company/park CEO...check (bonus 10 pts to me for having it framed at the time...oh my)
--Worthless pieces of Ghostrider wood...check
--Stolen park banners...check
--Coaster books...check
--Patches...let's not go there.

Even though looking at all this old stuff is sure to give you some head-shaking, "What was I thinking?!" moments, it's hilarious to look back and reminisce about it too. And hey, some people never "grow out of it," so give yourself a pat on the back for doing so. Thanks for the laugh!

But hey...umm....I'll give you $5 for the paint chips. And $10 for the sweet DD hat. :roll:

BANTRONNED

Postby sfotkid » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:28 pm

:| Wow... Paint chips from RR? I thought I was bad for getting at SFOT at 8 when it opened at 10..

Postby Wes » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:30 pm

RIP Psyclone wrote:Is that Jesus on the Boulder Dash wood?

Probably a spooge stain. Haha. I actually think there was a small metal placard on it but it fell off.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:43 pm

haha, wes, you are awesome. This makes me feel better about myself, but its really only because I never got into much park merchandise... I think you should give your Dragons hat to cool Rich to compliment his shirt and in turn create the greatest outfit ever

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:50 pm

Oh, this was all sorts of awesome. I loved the DD hat. That needs to be a prize in some sort of TPR contest.

And this:

ACE magazines. These aren't old, they just showed up in the mail today.

is funny because it's true...

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!