Robb, Elissa, & Kristen's Epic Holiday Adventure

Update 2/7 - Page 14 - Disney Day One!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

Robb, Elissa, & Kristen's Epic Holiday Adventure

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:35 pm

So Robb, Kristen and I took an awesome vacation / work / cruise 3 week trip to Florida and beyond over the Holiday break. We met up with old and new friends and had a great time. I’ll do the TR in sections as it’s rather large, check out the first part below!

Departure and Cruise!

So on our way to the airport we stopped for one last Vault ICEE.

Turns out it was the last one ever at our local Target as they were gone the next day. Sucks that Jahan decided to be emo that night and not get one!

We made it fairly uneventfully to Florida where my brother Grant and his girlfriend Kristyn picked us up in Orlando and we were off to Ft. Lauderdale to start a cruise! We did a seven night Western Caribbean on the Grand Princess. Overall it was very nice, but I think we’re a bit spoiled by the big Royal Caribbean ships. We had an awesome time still. This update will focus a bit on the ship and the Canopy Tour we did in Jamaica!

Here’s Robb’s first of many plates of food:

And our cabin was right near the art gallery.
SIDEBOOB!

Of course the grandparents were also on the cruise and took care of KidTums a lot so we could do fun stuff.

As we were leaving the port it was a pretty awesome site with 9 cruise ships all departing!

Then there was an even better view
(Grant’s A$$!)

After way too much food the first day, Robb attempts to lose 30lbs in 30 minutes on the tiny ship toilet.

Next day, and plenty of people are taking advantage of the pool area. Not quite as nice as some of the newer ships, but this was a Princess one so it’s more geared to the older crowd.

I always thought if I decide to learn how to Scuba dive, this is the way to do it!

Another day, another giant plate of food for Robb!

So we decided to go to the first of many Origami Classes. This one was all about making a goldfish. Everything was going great until the end of the lesson we were instructed that to finish the fish we had to ‘blow up its butt hole’. Ok, now, I don’t think the instructor worded it like that, but that was what it boiled down to!

Yup, that’s me blowing air up a fish A$$!

Formal Food

Equals

Formal People

Our first port was Jamaica and we were signed up for a Canopy Tour. We’ve done several before, but they’re still not boring. This one even had two unadvertised repelling sections that were insane!

This was on the bus on the way up the mountain. The ride went from scary, to terrifying, to ‘can I please get out and walk’ scary!

In true Grant fashion, he had to use the toilet before we got started!
To give him credit though, he had never done ANYTHING like this before and I was proud of him for trying. (Even though he was just doing it for his woman!)

I don’t think he was ready for what the harness does to the ‘junk’.

Robb and I on the other hand are quite used to harnesses!

Here’s Grant doing one of the weird repel lines
It was fast and insane, but not as insane as the other one which was about 25 feet straight down. Full gravity speed too! And you stopped instantly right at the bottom. In my case I stopped with all my weight on the right side of my female bits. I was limping funny the rest of the tour.

Halfway through, we’re doing well!

Until I got molested by one of the scary workers!

Grant swinging through the jungle

Kristyn’s turn

Elissa

And OMG…the rope even held Robb up!!!!

All done, made it to some nice river at the bottom.

And yes, we’re all screwed up

When in Jamaica, do not get on any bus with the word Terror painted on it!

Our bus was equally stupid

After Robb made me pose with the horse

I dropped him off here:

That’s it for now! Got a ton of people coming to our place tonight getting ready for the big SFMM and DVD Event tomorrow!

Coming up is the rest of the cruise, fun in Sarasota, and of course visits to MANY Theme Parks!

Hope you enjoy!

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Coffee!

But really, looks like fun. Sarasota section will be equally as epic.

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:45 pm

Great pics. Elissa!!! I really want to go on a cruise. I loved the picture of KidTums in the restaurant with her red dress and smiling and waving! So cute!

I envie you Ellissa, Robb, and KidTums!

-Tatum

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Cool start....okay, except for Grant's arse. And the fact that now I'm homesick due to this pic:
cruisetpr.jpg
We used to live in that neighborhood. :(
Anyway, anxious to see more.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby gnewton34 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Looks like all kinds of fun. Kristen is super hyper mega-cute as usual. I've never been on a cruise but I hope to one day. Hopefully after this year.

And your brother is kinda ummmm... how do I put this...he's kinda hot. =) I can definitely see the family resemblance ;)

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:13 pm

Note that your bus said "COASTER" on it. Was that the model of the bus or did you put it on there?

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Wow Eric! You have really, really good eyes (for a old man) to spot "coaster" on a van!

But your still cool!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby jackskellington101 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Ok, that formal food doesn't look all that appetizing. Quite honestly, it looks like it came from of Robb's thirty pounds loss in thirty seconds activities. I also would be very weary of any truck sponsored by Red Stripe called the terror tour. Can't wait for more. Have a great party tomorrow!

Wee Sweaty Bifkin

Postby cobra_roll06 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:32 am

Haha! Great TR! That ship looks awesome. Can't wait for the rest.

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:01 pm

My vote for "best Kidtums pic" goes to...

Red Stripe! It's BEER! Hooray BEER!

Dan "Great stuff so far" Smith

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive