TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura - A New Theme Park Review Video!

Hey everyone!

A lot of people have been asking me lately "are you still going to do traditional style TPR music videos?" Well, I'm happy to announce that after a year hiatus from doing our most popular style of video, they are BACK!!!

We had to take time off because of KidTums so that meant not very many coaster trips between July of 2006 and July of 2007. The first real trip we took was the TPR Spain Trip.

And with the footage shot from that trip plus the mini-Europe trip we are now hard at work on our "Coaster Expedition Volume 9" DVD which will be shipping on January 21st, 2008!

So here you go...the latest TPR music video...PortAventura...from the recent TPR Spain Trip...

Enjoy!

--Robb "It's good to be back doing these videos again!" Alvey

portaventura_tpr.wmv

PortAventura Video - 640x480 WMV version. If your browser only displays 320x240, download the .zip version below.

portaventura_tpr.zip

.zip version for you to download, convert to your ipod, or just play on your computer!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post here, so hello everybody!!

I'm from Spain and I worked during two years in Port Aventura. Yes, Stampida is a great ride, but It was much better with the old trains.

It's nice to see my hometown park at TPR.

Thanks!!!!

1196354466_StampidaOld.jpg.459ad44df2f53b89a5805c71a2ae5b07.jpg

Stampida's old trains were better than the new ones from 2007's Season

Oh, his highness Robb...

Just tell me you have the whole POV of my all time favourite Dragon Khan... PLEASE ! I have dozens of onride footages of this great ride, but not one is good... even the pseudo pro video version of World's greatest Coaster Thrills in 3D sucks, in my opinion. The passages I see of it in your video seem millions times better. I have also tried to film it myself, but the result is just crap... Please Sir Robb, king of the best rollercoaster site in universe, do me the favour

I can only imagine! I really felt that there was a good ride in Stampida somewhere, but it just shook us to death.

Why did they feel they needed to make the change? Was it too difficult to get parts from the US-based PTC? Did they not operate well on the ride?

It seems that most of the CCI's that do not use PTCs end up falling to peices even MORE than the ones that use them.

--Robb

I can only imagine! I really felt that there was a good ride in Stampida somewhere, but it just shook us to death.

Why did they feel they needed to make the change? Was it too difficult to get parts from the US-based PTC? Did they not operate well on the ride?

It seems that most of the CCI's that do not use PTCs end up falling to peices even MORE than the ones that use them.

--Robb

It is indeed a pitty that they bought the Kumbak trains. Port Aventura must be unhappy with their purchase aswell, I can imagine.

While Stampida was a great ride with the old trains, it is now much slower and quite painful. Ok, the old trains were in the end ragging through the course and it felt like there was no rubber on the wheels anymore. But I guess a new set of wheels could have solved that.

The main problem with the old trains and probably the reason why Port Aventura decided to buy the new trains from another company, was the capacity problems due to the safety bars not opening after each ride on 30 to 40 % of the seats. The ops had to manually open all those seats after each ride and a lot of time was lost due to this.

Great video by the way !