Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

P.195 : Former Six Flags executive is the new GM
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

angle

Postby lorddoonga » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:49 pm

I'm curious what degree angle of descent the 1st and 2nd drop will have? Based coaster photos they look to be pretty much the same.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby almightyfire » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:46 am

Thank you. I wonder how many people will have to be on the train before they are allowed to dispatch it. I went to Buffalo Bills in Nevada and they wouldnt release the train unless it was a certain amount of people aboard. That is why I asked about the hours because I am sure Kemah wont be crowded enough during the week to keep the train rolling during the hours of operation.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:31 am

^At Timber Falls, They'll run the train with just one person on it, and they'll give free rides too. Hopefully this park does the same as it seems too small to have a minimum riders policy.

This coaster is really starting to look good, and hopefully they Kemah gets it open soon. When I was checking the most recent update, the coaster appeared to have some of the best drops and turns on a wooden coaster. I think this could be Gravity Groups best coaster, and while it is a big ride, it isn't massive like Hades or Voyage.

ASTROWORLD 10/30/05 NEVER FORGET!!!

Postby fmulder21 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:18 pm

Airtime&Gravity wrote:^At Timber Falls, They'll run the train with just one person on it, and they'll give free rides too. Hopefully this park does the same as it seems too small to have a minimum riders policy.

This coaster is really starting to look good, and hopefully they Kemah gets it open soon. When I was checking the most recent update, the coaster appeared to have some of the best drops and turns on a wooden coaster. I think this could be Gravity Groups best coaster, and while it is a big ride, it isn't massive like Hades or Voyage.
You need TOO LOOK AT THE FIRST DROP UP CLOSE! It's amazing!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby restoca » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:02 am

Boardwalk Bullet is the subject of a story on the front page of today's Houston Chronicle. The accompanying reader forum is quite active.

And here's a photo I took last week. Rather blurry, but from a different perspective.
JUNE2007_0628_163720x.jpg
looking south from Seabrook, the coaster sits behind all the other attractions seen.
Viewed 2199 times

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby coasterphotos » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:06 am

Yeah, I saw that article...not really suprising I guess.

The fact that people actually do own the house right next to the coaster kind of surprised me as I've never seen anyone there and Kemah Boardwalk appears to take care of the upkeep on the lawn.

The posts in the reader forum are what I'd expect for an article about something Tilman is involved in...a lot of people seem to hate that man.

Nice shot of the ride from the bay.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Shavethewhales » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:45 am

Good grief, they never even informed those people that they were building a coaster. You would have thought they would have stapled out some kind of agreement to stop lawsuits and/or expensive noise ordinances. Plus it would have just been nice.

Oh well, it should be a gimmie that if you live a stones-throw away from an amusement park, that you'll have to live with this kind of thing.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:40 pm

Wooo flying into H-town 4 weeks from tonight.

Postby coasterphotos » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:49 pm

If the current weather keeps up, make sure to pack a boat!

I was down at the boardwalk tonight to see the fireworks but didn't take my camera (was a last minute decision to go by). Crowd was pretty light for a Friday...I imagine due to all the rain earlier in the evening.

The coaster is now lit up at night by flood lights...I'll try to get some shots of it at night in the next week or so.

Postby coasterphotos » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Not a lot of visable progress since last week...but that is to be expected since it is nearly complete I guess.
Kemah-Billboard-070707-3-TPR.jpg
One of the many billboards popping up around the Houston area
Viewed 2044 times
Kemah-Construction-070707-2-TPR.jpg
Overall view of the ride from the parking garage
Viewed 2044 times
Kemah-Construction-070707-3-TPR.jpg
Track still being installed on the first drop
Viewed 2044 times
Kemah-Construction-070707-12-TPR.jpg
One of the trains is on the track
Viewed 2044 times

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!