Six Flags Magic Mountain Announces "X2"

Some new upgrades to X!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Six Flags Magic Mountain Announces "X2"

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:01 am

Hey everyone!

This just in from SFMM:

X launches into a new galaxy, becoming X2.

X, the world's first 4th dimension thrill ride, is once again pushing all limits and taking extreme to the next level in 2008. This $10 million investment features completely redesigned, sleeker trains and introduces all-new, innovative state-of-the-art visual, audio and sensory effects. X will move from the 4th dimension to the 5th and become X2!

With its 360° rotating seats and head-first, face down drops, X has been one of the most popular thrill rides on the planet. With the redesign, X2 will take you on a journey to a unique and unchartered dimension of extreme only Six Flags Magic Mountain can deliver.

Unlike traditional coasters where trains only parallel the track, X2 sends riders screaming around its 3,600-foot maze of steel track aboard massive wing-shaped trains where the seats extend off of the track to the sides of the vehicle, allowing them to independently rotate you head over heels, forward and backward creating a one-of-a-kind "don't know what to expect next" sensation. X2 launches the extreme thrills of X into a new dimension with the addition of a unique new tunnel and light experience that changes with every ride.

In order for the transformation to take place, X will close in late 2007, and X2 will launch in spring 2008.

x2.jpg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Loco » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:04 am

^That sounds so awesome! but X2?...Eh whatever.

10 Million is a lot! Im guessing a lot of money went towards the new trains.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rct2wizard360 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:20 am

lol @ X2.
new paint job sounds nice though.
I like Eejanaika-ish colors.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:37 am

To be honest I don't know what to make of this. Why is SixFlags marketing a new tunnel and trains as a new ride? Are the rotations going to be changed?
Apollos Chariot #1!

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:41 am

Wow! That sounds really cool! I have a feeling most of the 10 million is going towards the new trains, but if those new effects and stuff actually pay off, X2 will be pretty sweet!
---Brent =)
Disobey

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Loco » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:43 am

Top Thrill Dragster wrote:Are the rotations going to be changed?

I doubt it. I don't think they'll replace parts of track.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Miles17A » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:56 am

Well I for one am glad for the change, I mean those trains were needed BADLY!

As for the paint job: :?r

I know its not a new ride, but its a new experience, and Id rather have that over just a Thomas Town and the same X next year, wouldn't you?

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:01 am

^ Same here. As for your statement about the paint job, I think it looks good. I mean, the one it currently has is faded from sitting in the sun all day, so I think this new coat will look impressive.
---Brent =)
Disobey

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:04 am

I gotta be honest here...

I rode X 10 times yesterday (don't ask!) and it wasn't nearly as rough as Eejanaika with the 'new trains'. I worry that these new trains won't make any difference and the ride will still be as rough as it has been. I guess maybe the new trains will help make the ride more reliable and cost less in maintenance and that's why they're going for it. But don't expect to go ride Son of X and expect it to be smooth like the opening few months.

Oh, and I HATE when parks market old crap that sucks as new and great, when in reality the stuff sucked and needed to be fixed. I hated it when Disneyland did it for the 50th and I hate it just the same that SFMM is doing it!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby sfmmrules! » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:07 pm

The tunnel sounds cool. I have never been on X. Can't wait to go on the new X. :b

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!