TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyscare 2007 (PTR and Spoilers!)

Well, I went to Valleyscare yesterday and I must say, I was extremely pleased and impressed with the outcome!

We got to the park at around opening and surprisingly, they opened the gates either when we walked through or just before we got there, but we looked and the time and we got in at 11:59AM.

As soon as we got in, we walked straight to Xtreme Swing. We got one good ride on that! After that we went to Wild Thing which seemed to be running very well before it closed later in the day.

After Wild Thing, we did a bunch of rides. High Roller, Renegade, Steel Venom, Xtreme Swing (again) LOTS of Power Tower rides, and much more.

We ate at Coasters (Very Good!) and then decided to head over to CarnEvil to wait in line for 25 minutes for it to open. We found only two other girls waiting there for it to open. Had a nice conversation with them and then finally, 4 O`clock rolled around and CarnEvil opened!

Ranking System-I'll be ranking the haunted houses out of 10. 10 being the best, 1 being the worst. I'll rate it on Atmosfear-What the house felt like, how it was played out, and how cool it was, Scariness-How scary the house was;intensity, Overall-The overall rating of the house itself, and last, Layout, how the layout was in the house and how well it flowed.

*SPOILER ALERT*

*If you don't wanna be surprised, DO NOT read this!*

CarnEvil was great this year. As soon as you enter the maze, you come across the spinning tunnel. Like Ryan G mentioned in the HH forum, it's not as good as some other spinning tunnels, but it's a good effect.

As soon as you exit that feature, you turn to the right, take another right, and you're in the maze. There's a lot of 3D features in the maze. One of the first rooms is a room with crates and such, that clowns are hiding behind. The person in the see through one got me.

After that, I can't remember QUITE what happened, but all I remember was that there was a lot of rooms with great distractions, good hiding places, and great scares. There was one particular room that got me every time. It was dark, and there was counters on either side, and a guy came out on the right. He got me every single time I went through. I thought that this maze was a great improvement from last year. Lots of new rooms, a semi-new layout, and a good fun house!

Ranking

Atmosfear-9

Scariness-7

Layout-10

Overall-8.5

After CarnEvil, we headed over to Mangler Asylum.

Again, SPOILER ALERT!

Asylum was very different from last year. I thought the middle/end was the most. This house in my opinion was the scariest. It had a lot of great actors who played their part very well. This house had a lot of great touches. I loved the middle room of the house where you walked through the strobes and the various body parts hanging down from the ceiling. I also loved towards the end the yellow light foggy part where the guy came screaming out of the light. It was amazing. One downgrade was the smells. Yes, Twilight warned us, it would smell in there, but it was actually really gross, and I did find myself walking out smelling gross. Oh well, it was worth it.

Ranking

Atmosfear-10

Scariness-9.5

Layout-9.5

Overall-9.5

After Mangler Asylum, we headed over to Chateau Du Damne. I had high expectations for this and it turned out being amazing. Spoiler Alert Again...

Chateau scared the crap out of me last year. It was terrifying and I only went through it once. This year, it was amazing! I plugged my ears the first time and I was scared to death, but ended up loving it. The actors did a great job! The makeup looked VERY realistic, and the actors were very surprising and good and their job! The first scene of the house wasn't particularly scary, but as soon as you turn the first corner, the girl got me. That whole hall (the first one after the first scene) as well as the second turn scared me the most every time. Great job to the actors! Some things that stood out to me were the coffin room, the lesbian/screen/bed room, the Tarzan/Rope room, and the hallway full of vines/hair/whatever that sick stuff was. . .

On our 4th time through, we got to the jail/werewolf room that also had the lady behind the curtain. We got stopped for about a minute. We had found out that a mirror (the one in the coffin room) had broken because a guest fell onto it. We all laughed and talked with the monsters, and eventually got led out by a cool looking vampire. (We got to go behind the scenes!) So we got to wait there and go through it again! So technically, we got 6.5 walkthroughs of Chateau. Great job also to the main guy at the door! He was really creepy!

Ranking

Atmosfear-10

Scariness-10

Layout-9

Overall-10

My favorite house! ^

So from there we went through each haunted house over and over again. We had a great time in each.

At around 6:45, we went over to Carnage at Crimson Isle and waited for that. At around 7:05 we got to enter. My initial thought as entering was. . . "I sure hope this is better then last years. . . "

And it was!

*SPOILER ALERT*

As you enter, you walk up the two walkways, and there is fog EVERYWHERE. It's really thick too, and makes it really creepy. As you turn the corner, you see a bunch of walls that are opposite from eachother. (Wall on the right, down the path wall on the left, down the path wall on the right etc....) and it made for a great distraction, but sadly, (for when we went through) there weren't any people behind any of the walls but the last one. You then turn a corner to find a pirate jumping out at you. You then walk a little bit into a tent that has lots of strings and such hanging down from the ceiling, two pirates, and a really bright strobe light. You then take a right in the tent (if you can find your way. . . ) and then you walk out onto the open area they had last year with the girls dressed in white singing slowly/creepily. From there, you take a right onto/through the newly covered bridge, and then you turn and you can go one of two ways. They tried to split our group up but it didn't work.

From there, the seperated walls meet back up in another strobe/foggy room. From that room, you take a right, go across the second newly covered bridge, pass a skeleton display, get spooked by the cannon that gets fired every couple seconds, and then you are open to walk around in a area that is themed to a ship full of pirates, and is full of pirates. At the end you go past a couple of wooden barriers and a lady slaps two wooden blocks at you. (That scared me) So overall, Carnage was amazing and extremely different compared to last year! I loved it so much!

Ranking

Atmosfear-9

Scariness-7

Layout-10

Overall-9

After Carnage, we decided to walk through Hellside Farm, the new scare zone for 2007!

I had high expectations for this zone, but I was a little disappointed. We walked through it 9 times total, and it was different every time. I loved the sliders with sparks. That was great. We'd be walking along and see someone speeding past us setting sparks everywhere! The theming was really great and the monsters did their part very well, but I have the same opinion as last year. The monsters only went after girls, or boys that were with girls. (Luckily we had a couple girls with us one time and it was fun!)

Overall, it was okay, and I really hope they can improve it in the future years.

Ranking

Atmosfear-8

Scariness-5

Layout-7

Overall-7

After walking back and fourth through Hellside, we decided to head over to Blood Creek Cemetery. Basically it was the same as last year. A couple new things but not too different. It was good though.

Ranking

Atmosfear-8

Scariness-7

Layout-9

Overall-8

So that's basically all that went on, if you have any questions/comments about it feel free to ask/post! And now the moment you've all been waiting for. . .

AN ABNORMALLY LARGE AMOUNT OF PICTURES!

*I dunno why, but my camera was stupid and mixed up the photos so these aren't in any specific time/order*

Galaxy Theater

Fire Show at Night

Chateau Du Damne

Xtreme Swing

Witch Theming

Lol, you're stuck in the ground. . .

Wild Thang

Wild Thing

Power Tower

Hellside Farm!

Hellside Theming

More Hellside Theming

Mad Mouse

Carnage at Crimson Isle

Yeah. . . what the sign says ^

Argh?

Ew, they added Eragon this year?

Now how is he gonna get down?

Renegade!

White Water Country Waterpark (Not in operation)

Renegade!

I'd laugh if someone stuck out there arm and knocked him down. . .

Aww! Excalibur! (Not in operation)

Mad Mouse

Carnage

The Entrance (Like I stated above, my camera is stupid and mixed up the order of the pictures)

Hola Amigo!

Par-tay!

Idiot!

Theming!

I see you CarnEvil!

Carn

Evil

Asylum!

Hellside Farm!

Blood Creek

Blood Creek Theming

I mean. . . I thought it wouldn't be bad being dressed up and singing, but HOLY CRAP!

Works of Kid

BCC

Haha ew....

Theming

Enterprise

Steel Venom

Venom Steel

Ripcordious

Clank

Awesome Logo-ness

Corkscrew

CarnEvil Exit

Xscream Swing

Asylum

Mmm-Coasters.

Power Tower

Yep. That's PT for ya.

Random Theming

I LOLed at this.

Mangler Asylum

Ferris Wheel

BCC

BCC

Ferris Wheel

BCC

High Rolla

Monster

Yum. . .

Graveyard?

No Wave today. . .

Tickets!

O Rly?

That's what she said

That's hot.

Oh Jeez Thanks.

I gotta get a garbage can shot in here!

READ THE RULES!

Cool pic

CarnEvil-IN 3D!

Supercat

Riptide

MR. HAND!

Rotten Candy

Power Tower

Waiting to load.

Ew. . . Lines.

Scenery for le Asylum

Wild Thing from Chateau's Queue

Coasters Die-In

Chateau Du Damne

Power Tower

Wild Thing gets turned upside-down for the Halloween Haunt.

Xtreme Swing

Actually. . . It doesn't.

HELLSIDE FARM!

Hydro-Err. . . Closed?

CARNAGE AT CRIMSON ISLE!

You can kinda see the flume from that.

General Atmosfear

Ouch

I like that one ^!

This one too!

Yeah I can't remember what that is. . .

Same story as above ^

Carnage at Crimson Isle (I think)

Flying Trapeze

Blood Creek Cemetery

CarnEvil!

Well that about raps up my PTR. I hope you enjoyed it, and you can see more pictures at the Valleyfairzone Picture Gallery! Thanks for viewing!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yes, the ogre is at High Roller's entrance

I went to Valleyscare on Saturday. The haunts were good (especially Carnage at Crimson Isle), but I would've had more fun if they opened all the coasters though . I mean, I like Renegade as much as the next guy, but If you close all the other coasters, the lines will get longer. But otherwise, it's worth going if you want a good scare

Awesome photos and commentary!

It's funny..I saw you taking the Hydroblaster photo and turned to my co-worker and said "that's going to end up in a trip report." It was such a cool shot I figured it had to be a coaster nerd taking it

Glad you had a good time! Thanks for posting such detailed feedback.