TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Seabreeze TR- No photos, sorry!

Today I went to Seabreeze, fully equipped with my digital camera. Unfortunately, after I entered the park, I realized that my camera's batteries were dead. Nevertheless, I still had a great time in my home park!

First, me and my friend headed for the Gyrosphere (an indoor Scrambler with a laser-light show). The music was a lot better than last years, but I remember it being faster and having a better light show when I was younger.

Then, we hit the water park, first riding their new slide- the Helix. Even though I had been on that ride earlier this year, it was still really fun, and the line moved by really fast. It was a really hot day, so the water park was extremely crowded.

After riding most of the slides in the water park (and going in the wave pool) we started on most of the dry rides. We had already been on all of the roller coasters before, but all of them are still really fun to ride. Since I've basically been to Seabreeze every year of my life, I've also been on the Bunny Rabbit (their old kiddie coaster, before they put in the BearTrax) and the Quantum Loop in past years.

The Jackrabbit was really fun- we ended up riding it twice, once in the front row. We didn't ride the BearTrax because we didn't feel like bribing a kid to go on with us, but we did ride the Bobsleds and the Whirlwind.

We also went on most of their flat rides- the only ones we skipped (besides the kiddie rides) were the Spring, YoYo, Screamin' Eagle, and Bumper Cars.

Overall, it was a great time, especially because my friend was a Seabreeze employee (it was her day off) and got 40% off on the food that we ate. Even though I've been to Seabreeze many times, I still enjoy going there much more than SFDL or Marineland, the two other parks that are relatively close to me.

PS: This is my first TR. I hope it wasn't a really bad one or anything. Sorry about the lack of pictures.

EDIT: Added blank lines in between paragraphs.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: This is my first TR. I hope it wasn't a really bad one or anything.

Maybe try putting blank lines in between the paragraphs. Would make it a bit easier to read.

Nice TR though, I thought Seabreeze was a nice little park when I went last year.

Here I'll help you out with some pictures. I pretty much made a credit run on my way to DL. Hopefully next year I'll spend a little more time to do the water park and Flat rides as I had a lot of fun on the Bobsleds.

1030374674_DLake061.jpg.c7e36d5960da4a02d05ce1009335979f.jpg

Welcome to Seabreeze.

624743271_DLake035.jpg.8fa50065782a3415264cbc3d1204e19a.jpg

The Cache location 100ft from the park .It's the old pool from the 30's

416075956_DLake065.jpg.f152431c8c404c14e260781161ba34ac.jpg

Action Shot of Whirlwind.

968432596_DLake053.jpg.a5c5cb724c0b76d616cc7b125915d846.jpg

Full layout.

787940757_DLake046.jpg.ea256655fa91a53795211c8fdb1851e7.jpg

The craziest ride in the park.

1824889520_DLake070.jpg.99b58b4d094eaf1d057e068d36fa250c.jpg

Those of you who heart Lift hill shots.

1655203495_DLake036.jpg.5c81ec2d3fbd3639a087a69d0101af07.jpg

More of Jack Rabbit's layout

178633244_DLake007.jpg.3b847565ac74aa3c514d849531a6f99d.jpg

Flyer's, that I skipped.

178290950_DLake005.jpg.edb087857e2bf4d1891a8a8a50fd1ba9.jpg

The Rabbit's station.

• 7 months later...

I just found a few months ago, that my favorite ride in Seabreeze, the Gyrosphere (scrambler inside dome with lights and music) has been torn down and the "Music Express" will take its place. I don't know about anybody else, but the Gyrosphere is the only reason that I go to Seabreeze. All the other rides are nothing compared to other parks. But, I was wondering, where can I find the spot in the park where you got the picture of the old pool from the 30's? Also, does anyone know what the name of the music they used in the Gyrosphere is? I have some of it already, but not all of it. I loaded a picture of the Gyosphere on here. If you go to www.seabreeze.com and look, you can see the new ride and the park map confirms that the ride has been torn down for the Music Express. I also know all this because a friend of mine works at seabreeze.

seabreeze17_126.jpg.7a445057f7e2e779c3cec890bed3b89f.jpg

I have known about this for many months. IMO that was not a good decision. Gyrosphere is VERY unique, as there is only one other like it that I know of, and I think its in the midwest. Indiana Beach, maybe? But, Seabreeze is a very small park, and they have to add new rides in somehow. The cool thing about Gyrosphere is that it had a different light show every year. Although that ride is fun, it shouldn't be the only reason to go there. Overall, it's a great family park - they have Jack Rabbit, the oldest continually operating roller coaster on the planet (all the other rides that are older than Jack Rabbit have been SBNO for at least one season, and in Wild One at SFA's case - was moved.) They also have Bear Trax, a nice kiddie coaster, a log flume with a pretty darn steep drop, a really fun Maurer Söhne Spinner, and last but not least - Bobsleds. That ride is really weird and messed up. In the good way. Surprisingly forceful for a 31 foot tall, 23 mph ride - 18 inch high bunny hops right out of the station, several dips and turns, and uses a "heavy duty chain lift" as a brake run.

^ I am so happy that people think that NY isn't a crap state for coasters.

Hopefully some people will do a Sylvan Beach add on, because if someone doesn't go to Sylvan Beach, you are missing out on a very awesome hidden gem of a park. Sure, two rides need new fencing, and so does a third, but that was probably from a truck running into it as it is very close to the road and seems to be "bent" inward, and Galaxi needs a new coat of paint, but everything else is awesome! And they just got TGE's old Rotor, and a mini golf course, which IMO needs paths, they are just placed in a field with picket fencing, maybe they are working on it as we speak. Be sure to ride Laffland, it's one of the last original Pretzel Dark Rides remaining. All but 2 of the "stunts" are originally from when this ride first debuted in around 1954, and its in very good condition.

-Tanks "New York is better than most people say it is, save for Astroland because frankly that place really is a dump" 4me05.

• 2 years later...