Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

Warning: Coaster Nerds thinking!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:24 pm

I got another e-mail from Nantimi today, and its a video. Supposedly, its a beta for Hersheypark's new ride. I don't know the name, but its a beta of the 3D model.

Nantimi beta for Hersheypark.

hpclientbeta.wmv [ 2.46 MiB | Viewed 2546 times ]

-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:28 pm

^Holy S#!t! That is one wicked inversion! :omg:
Launch tunnel, Top hot, sweet!!!!

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:30 pm

That thing looked REALLY tall. It could just be a distorted perspective or something due to the fact that it's a computer animation rather than real-life, but still.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:33 pm

I call BS on the video. If Nantimi were a real HP client, they would have:

a) The actual video
b) Wouldn't be stupid enough to release it simply because you don't piss of your clients like that.

Besides, the ride was far too huge for HP, and let's not forget they ALREADY have a rocket coaster. My bet is something from Intamin without a launch (or, if they do, something smaller and more like Maverick). I could be wrong, but my gut says that it at least will be nothing like that video.

I'd kill to bang an Ewok

Postby Coasterlvr_nc » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:34 pm

Regarding the picture: I think this might be where the 2 dont fit, comes into play. cause Wes's piece really doesnt fit with it being upside down, it almost seems like it came from a different image. Maybe later Nantimi will email ( correction) pictures to replace those spots, or they could just be left blank in the end result.

Regarding the video: I dont think that is quite what HP would be getting, they do have storm runner you know! it might however be something to try and throw us off guard, or make us think it would look like that. But in all honesty i dont know what to think of something made in NL, cause anyone has access to NL.
Intamin is my way of life!
Get High on Roller Coasters, not Drugs!
Furry is Life
Nighthawk, -10 Crew

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Dick Fitzwell » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:35 pm

Was the run through the tunnel a launch, or was it just a slow-mo pass thru to throw everyone off ...... not that they'd want to do that. :roll:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BBSpeed26 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Complete bullshit. Honestly, if you're going to try to pull something like that, at least put a little effort into it.

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:46 pm

I also don't get why they would send out the video when the puzzle isn't even complete. I mean, if the video is legit, wouldn't showing the coaster in video form kind of defeat the purpose of trying to figure out still coaster pictures? Unless the entire purpose of the puzzle is that line of words that run through the middle.

Come on, Nantimi. Don't stretch yourself so thin.

Full Fledged RETARD!

Postby Adrenaline_Rush » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:50 pm

BS on the video, it looks like someone was just messing around with NL and decided to make that for no apparent reason, and call it the HP beta version.

1) The ride is WAY too big
2) The twisted element with that twisted drop after it looks like it would just about kill you
3)If your a client of someones with "top secret" info, you dont release it like 7 days earlier
4) That video looks like a freakin kindergarden kid idea, I mean if its a professional video, you dont use windows video player to edit it
5) If you were releasing a pro video you dont add flashy colors you go with a more professional approach.

Anyways, to me on the pics, some actually seem to be in the wrong place, try flipping a few around and see what happens.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:51 pm

^^ Maybe it has been figured out...just not on TPR.
Steel: 141 | Wood: 41 | Total: 182

Last Coaster Ridden: Dragon Challenge: Chinese Fireball at IOA on 9/19/14

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!