Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

Warning: Coaster Nerds thinking!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:56 pm

Just got back from Hershey today where I saw signs of the future. It really doesn't look like anything will be affected other than the wet/dry slides. Canyon River Rapids doesn't look to be going anywhere. Unfortunately, I ddn't take my camera into the park, so my camera phone photos will have to suffice.
hershey0801.jpg
The Western Chute Out looks to be as doomed as ever, with the actual announcement sign ON the slide tower
Viewed 2460 times
hershey0802.jpg
Over in front of the Chute Out we find all sorts of markings. Expect the one game booth (milk can) to be removed as well
Viewed 2460 times
hershey0803.jpg
This group of plants is doomed too. But all in the name of Intamin multilooping hyper aquatrax goodness
Viewed 2460 times
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:26 pm

Hey man thanks for the update!

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:03 pm

I hope nothing to good is taken out since I going next June.

500th Post!!! :br

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:40 pm

10 months from this point! lol :lmao: I wonder when Chute Out will close? Those are the same serveying markers over in Minetown! This has to be a BIG coaster! :b

Also, is it me or does the H look like it's an arrow? :?r

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:57 pm

Haha.. I like how they put the sign directly on the slides!!

Im still all about a hyper. I can completely agree that Hershey needs something that will make people look up and go "woah".. they definately don't need any more inversions! Except.. they have to be getting close to the world record for that too.

I just pray its not a water coaster.

Eric

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby itsme102 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:06 pm

Wow, this might be huge. I just hope they don't take the CP approach and get rid of Canyon River Rapids, a ride the whole family can enjoy, and replace it just for thrills.
This is my sig.....yup.....

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Wow, that perfect 10 and "diving score" theory makes sense. I have a feeling it'll be a dive machine, it's most likely to be a B&M because of the contract for 2 coasters, a dive machine can fit into a relatively small footprint compared to larger B&M coaster types too.

A US park other than Busch hasn't built one yet so I'm hoping this is what's happening.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby yankees15 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:41 pm

I'm changing my original thoughts on the new ride. I don't belive the coaster will have the most inversions in the world either. This is why, when Hershey announced Storm Runner they mentioned about "a perfect ten".
HERSHEY, PA – The world’s first hydraulic launch coaster, featuring inversions, will race into HERSHEYPARK for the 2004 season, bringing the Park’s herd of roller coasters to a perfect ten
I think this rules out the most inversions because they are just building on the last coaster. Also the "H" in Hersheypark on the sign on the Western Chute Out looks like and arrow pointing down. I believe this is a hint at a B&M dive machine. Man I cannot wait for the announcement!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CommanderLock » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:01 am

B&M Diving coaster seems to make sense.
A hyper would be nice, too. Meh. Who knows...

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby matteocrepaldi » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:47 am

Can anyone post a picturre of the park map marking the area where the markers are? I've never been to the park and from the pictures I have no idea about how big this part is.
I think that with a better idea of the loaction of this coaster it's easier to guess.
Ckeck out My Awesome Coaster Adventure! Lots of photos from the best European amusement parks!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!