TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Midwest Trip - Day 8 Cedar Point Day #1

Right, before I post this video, I have to explain a few things.

The two days we spent at Cedar Point were freakin awesome (or as one CP ride op spieler put it 'SUPERTASTIC' - which I'm sure is not a word but as part of the international contingent on the trip - we loved it. Loads of memorable things happened - Robb and Elissa worked so damn hard to make it such a great two weeks and it so was!!

So we left SFGA at 4.30 CT and arrived at CP at 2.15ish ET (due to sucky Chicago traffic). We pulled up outside Hotel Breakers to find out the power was all off and eventually we were given flashlights to enter the hotel and find our way to the rooms. Hotel Breakers has a really eerie feel about it (Lake Erie get it...... ) and it was so like 'The Shining' when walking to our rooms. Pretty cool stuff. Anyhow 3am and into bed.

Up at 8am to meet everyone for Hotel ERT on MF, Maverick, Skyhawk, Raptor at 9am. Of course we decide to do the running of the bulls for Maverick. Now I'm not the most athletic person.... but ended up about 30 people from the front - not too bad. Other TPR crew made the very front of course. 9am rolled around and Maverick remained closed and it starting raining - booooo! No Maverick for us.

Now bear in mind none of the other rides really opened much at all during the bad weather we had and so we had a choice - tough it out or TGI's for breakfast. I'm not running for nobody without a payoff and so a hardcore (or stupid..... ) group of us stayed and waited for Maverick to open......

I'll let the video explain the rest........

TPR Maverick Madness.wmv

Maverick Line Madness

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG! I thought I spent way too much time waiting outside Maverick's entrance listening to the music, you going 8 hours is nuts! Awesome video. Do you know the name of any of the other songs played in that area?

Lol I so saw all you guys.... too bad i got on Mav in an hour that night

Me, Tony, and Jeremy (from another site) did however, get stuck in Meanstreak's station for 2 hours which kind of sucked. We were on the first train out after the rain cleared though, and Jeremy said it was the fastest he's seen it since '95 (I still thought it was slow as hell).

Was it worth eight hours - perhaps not, but the eights hours we all spent together was hilarious. It comes to something when you are looking forward to the Dallas theme tune on a music loop which lasts two hours.

We did the night ride the following night and that was awesome - the Dallas dance made its reappearance........

Yeah it's all about the people you're standing in line with!

I remember in 2003 waiting 3.5 hours for a closed dragster, but I made a tent, made fun of the security guard, etc. it was a good time!

BTW, I slept in that morning, went and rode a few random things in between the rain, took a long nap, then got up and rode Maverick after waiting only 50min that evening!

You poor guys.

But really - you can never underestimate the importance of a rain poncho, LOL!

Great vid - and "Theme from Dallas" will always mean Cedar Point to me now.

Thank you for getting the Dallas theme song stuck in my head and a funny video.

Also, I think I had a funner time chilling out at the hotel that day, taking some storm pics, souvenir shopping, the TGI Friday's lunch with Wes' cheesecake orgasm, and a nice nap.

I seriously lack patience. Although that night was fun for a credit fun run with low waits.

At least you waited for a top 10 ride though! Funny video.

Yeah, that really was an insane time. I guess us Brits are just naturally good at queuing for things.

But would someone please, please remind me why I had to go and be "double hardcore" and refuse to wear a poncho? My T-Shirt almost tripled in weight with all the water it took on. I suppose insanity had already crept in by that point.

Strange thing is, it didn't really feel like 8 hours at the time.

Oh yes - that song as well. We are now quite intimate with the maverick music playlist which included Pirates of the Caribbean randomly.

I can honestly say that I had never been in line for anything for more than 2 hours before this. Can anyone beat or get close to 8 hours 20 though.....?

Yeah it's all about the people you're standing in line with!

Amen.

I'm sure Robb has a few choice shots of me invoking "Circuit Club Rules" in line, and taking off my shirt and rubbing my nipples for the camera. It's all about making your own fun to pass the time. I'm from the midwest originally so I know how to do that well.

Terry

BTW, I slept in that morning, went and rode a few random things in between the rain, took a long nap, then got up and rode Maverick after waiting only 50min that evening!

When I did CP for the 1st time during Coastermania in 2003, I did half the coasters and then took at nap at the Hotel Breakers. I was half asleep and in a daze when I walked into the park and rode Corkscrew!

It really was quite an experience standing in line for those 8.whatever hours..

It was an experience in human emotions and patience.. and every 2 hours wanting to kill the ride ops for not opening the ride.. And being told they were "waiting" for the rain to come, which took half an hour or more, after the ride seemed to check out and they had tested it. (3 or 4 times that day they said the same thing) Then to find out they had a mechanical problem that they waited until the 7th hour to fix, when they could have been working on it all the time it wasn't raining!!! It really had rained only a total of about 1 hour during that whole 8 hour wait.

The alternative to not waiting in line wasn't much different.. waiting in some other line, or waiting it out at the hotel...

Maverick was not worth 8 hours in line, but it was really fun.. and my 2nd ride on it took less than an hour in line.

Props go out to Brent for being first on almost every coaster we rode on the trip.. another of the group that was at Maverick for over 8 hours.