TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Pleasureland Southport

Dreamstorm have purchased the former Pleasureland Southport site and plan to invest 100's milions of pounds in it. They have organized a summer fair for the next two seasons whilst they plan what to do with the site. Rumours are abound that they could build a new impoved super park (or so called Euro-park! lol)

I visited on Saturday 21st July for the official opening of New Pleasureland which is the traveling fair. Lots of buildings are still intact after the terrible wrecking spree Pleasure Beach went on when they left and these are being refurbished. Some top European traveling rides are being brought in and many rides were on site during opening day and a major new ride is scheduled to arrive this week and also a Looping rollercoaster soon!

I went on 1 ride which was the Frisbee and i will be visting a lot in the coming weeks to check how things are going

I loved the original Pleasureland to bits and i can only wish Dreamstorm and Norman Wallis the best of luck and praise him for resurecting a fun fair in Southport!

Pictures -

Entrance still looking very nice

Renovation work

Space for another ride

Step outside its dead Curse this bad weather!

Not a soul about its usually so crowded in the Summer.

Weather was rubbish as you can see which was why it was so quiet. Really enjoyed my time there though, it was brilliant

Cant wait untill its full with rides and renovation is all finished, will be brilliant

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! You're right! Sure there might be not as many credits and no woodies, but really I wasn't a fan of Cyclone to begin with, that that "traveling fair" version of Southport looks to have better flat rides!!!

Maybe what Southport *needed* was a good paving and a rebuild.

--Robb "I'm all for them rebuilding a new park!" Alvey

EDIT....Is the "Mexican Wave" a Bouncy Bouncy?!?!? If so, the new Pleasureland is already SOOOO much better!!!

A few thoughts:

Any sign of Solomon? Was it moved or demolished

Yay for a Wacky Worm. I'm assuming it isn't the same one that was there before

I also noticed a powered coaster

I would be interested to see if this place takes off and adds more permanent attractions. Sort of reminds me of Coney Beach in some ways (ie. portable rides in a parking lot)

Maybe what Southport *needed* was a good paving and a rebuild.

Dude, I couldn't agree with you more. Southport was just a "dump" per-say. Quite run down, and it doesn't seem like it has a huge attendance rating.

But I think this is good for them...Demolish and a Re-Build.

Nice photos Martyn , its looking good, pitty the waether was bad on the opening day, but hopefully the crowds will come as the season goes on.

They have actually done a good job at fixing the place up and filling it full of different flat rides at such short notice and especially after all the fire problems they are had recently. Although they need to fix some of the old buildings up and there is some old bits of walls sticking out everywhere.

Any sign of the funhouse? I heard it was getting refurbished. Also Gauntlet formerly of Camelot Theme Park is rumoured to be headed to Southport.

Well the Funhouse is undergoing refurbishment as are a lot of other buildings but there is a long way to go yet and a load more rides expected to arrive. There is such a great atmoshphere in the place though.

Some rides aparently due are:

Chadwick's Rock & Roll (parked outside park at the moment):

Perrin Matthew's Tango:

John Collin's Superbowl:

John Noyce's Buzzin':

Those are aparently due, who knows, thats only what ain't going to any major events before October.

All photos courtosy of UKRides.info

Pleasure Beach went on a complete wrecking spree when they left, smashing the foundations of were Traumatizer used to be. Even smashing up sinks and removing taps from toilets. It's such a 'if i cant have it no one can' attitude. Im disgusted at them Unsure about the Gauntlet but the may be getting a coaster from M&D's in Scotland which is due to leave soon. (thanks to Adam for the info) Anyway i will keep you updated with pics as much as i can.

ps: Here is the mini site for the park - http://www.newpleasureland.co.uk/

Again i wish them all the best with it!

Cheers Martyn,

This is going to be great when everything is finally on site, they must be going for a record for the amount of rides to fit there.

Hopefully with a bit more coverage they can get some of the crowds off Blackpool. And with 1 or 2 coasters this should help.

Any pieces of Cyclone or Traumatizer still lying around?

Well a good thing is is was advertised on Preston's local radio station Rock.fm the other day which was brilliant!

Well i would love a piece of Cyclone wood and boy have i had a good luck round there for some but there isnt any. Rob was so lucky when he went and all that wood was there lol. And i would love one of those Traumatizer bins for my kitchen to! Il have a look next time as that part is closed of around the old TT station awaiting more rides.

Thanks Martyn,

Yeah I remember seeing Robbs photos, I would have definitly have taken a piece. I remember too Southport forums had photos of bits of the park floating in a nearby area that got flooded.

I'm going to try and find something when I over in the next few weeks.

There is a Bouncy Bouncy in a travelling fair which stops near my village two or three times a year, but its dialed down quite a bit. This one has a frog on top.

There used to be a rather evil one across from the Pleasure Beach, outside the Sandcastle. Much shreiking was done. I havent seen it there for a while though. I wonder if its the very same one at Southport?

I will be sure and visit this next time Im down south. Most trips take me down the M6 anyway, so its not a big detour.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 02 August.

Lots of spaces have now been filled with new rides since my last update including a Megaspin, Metiorite, Dodgems, Ferris Wheel, and lots of new Kiddie rides. The Fun House is back open with all new gags! It wont be as good as before but its something. I didnt go inside but will do soon. Also track pieces for the parks looping rollercoaster have arrived in the car park. It is the former Gauntlet from Camelot which is a Pinifari looper my guess is it will go on the Traumatizer site. Overall the place is looking brilliant! Hardly any derelict spots left apart from the Traumatizer site which is to be filled. Its was busier than opening day and had a great atmosphere!

It was lovely weather to!

Gauntlet track and supports are in the car park -

Will keep you updated best i can thanks for looking

Photos copyright to me and New Pleasureland Forums.

Nice report Martyn, wow how many photos did you take, brilliant .

They are getting good crowds by the look of it, I'm sure the nice weather helped a bit too.

Good spot on the Gauntlet track, I heard about it the other day and haven't seen any other shots yet. How long do you think it will take them to put the track up?I'm heading over to Southport in about 10 days and hope it will be operating by then.

Ah i think you will be a bit to early Aparently its coming in 2 loads and only one has arrived they are waiting for the other. The weather was lovely. I guess it will be up and running in under a month i cant see it taking longer. Theres lots of other rides anyway so you will have fun

P.s. i think it was a good spot on the Gauntlet track as its hidden away at the top of the car park lol im nosey

Ah what a shame it would have been nice to get another credit. But I will enjoy the others, as there is so much packed in there now.

At least I will have the chance of seeing the construction take place, and I definitly doing a bit of snopping around too, cheers.

Update

Construction of the new Looping Coaster is set to begin as soon as the second load arrives The Megaspin has left temporarily whilst it is attending an event, a inflatable is now on its site but the Megaspin will be back by next week. Also the Haunted Inn (one of the original rides from old Pleasureland) is being extensively refurbished and will be open to the public soon. Things are really looking good for Southport

Here is an update from 06 August

Gauntlet construction is continuing, the foundations have been laid and more track has arrived

And some other ride photos -

The Haunted Inn (one of the original rides from old Pleasureland) has been refurbed' and is back open

Thanks for looking!

Photos Copyright to me and New Pleasureland Forums.

Another great update Martyn, nice photos.

I'm wondering if they are going to rename Gauntlet seeing as there are repainting it. Looks like it is going in the ground under where Traumatizer was, this will give a nice view of the coast I hope from the top.

How long will it be until Traumatizers loading station is demolished.