TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL of course] GGC uh... ride

Guest SFNERules

Um yeah.... this thing is super unfinished. There are supports that are just there, footers on the ground doing nothing, etc. I didn't have the time to finish supports, but i will eventually (and replace the download). Please keep this in mind when riding.

From my track info

Thanks to nesdude, Jake, Zeus, and Canader for testing, and PersianLombax/Chris for the env.

This is probably the most "unique" and intracate ride I've ever attempted. The trackwork was much more challenging than I had originally planned, mainly due to the elements being so small. I had a lot of trouble with wheelhits, much more than on my previous rides because of all the tight (and almost abstract, in a way) banking.

The idea behind the ride was to try to capture the look and feel of a Gravity Group like ride without going down the "traditional" route with it: no 90* banking, no tunnels, no inverse banking (though I guess you could call the hill at the end inversely banked, though I don't think it is), and not a hybrid. What resulted was a pretty chaotic track with lots of direction changes and elements within elements. Much of the ride's force attacks very quickly and sudden.

I'm not sure how well I captured the Gravity Group feel - as I've never ridden one (is August here yet?!?!). I do think I have a fairly original track with a few surprises and standout moments, which is what I wanted.

The ride's overall layout is inspired by Raven mostly, and the actual shaping is mostly that of Hades' prelift and Voyage's turnaround.

SUPPORTS AREN'T DONE, PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND.

GG_TPR6.nlpack

Package with cool env (thanks to persianlombax). Please download this one rather than the NL track unless absolutely necessary.

GG_TPR6-070606002945001.JPG.6126e1f2ae21ec25fb0ad95975b94e42.JPG

GG_TPR6-070606003020002.JPG.7cafd1ebfca3260ebed5164079d95d54.JPG

GG_TPR6-070606003041003.JPG.e2dfe1c372d4baa97061f14a4a5305ff.JPG

GG_TPRraw.nltrack

Raw track with correct colors. Please download the package file unless absolutely necessary.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not bad. I'm really impressed with the lack of wheel hits. Only a couple comments.

1. The first drop, I think that turn at the top would have stopped and gone into a more dramatic straight drop.

2. I think you went a little overboard with the undulation here. Especially after the terrain drop. I think a long lat-heavy low banked speed-curve would have been awesome there. Having all the little waves in that actually made it seem slow than it was. A couple other places could have been served by a couple simple bunny hills instead of all the uneven waviness would have bee nice, too.

2. I think you went a little overboard with the undulation here. Especially after the terrain drop. I think a long lat-heavy low banked speed-curve would have been awesome there. Having all the little waves in that actually made it seem slow than it was. A couple other places could have been served by a couple simple bunny hills instead of all the uneven waviness would have bee nice, too.

I was trying to do something different than I usually do. I usually build rides on the thought of 'less banking is better', but i was just trying to get something completely out of the box. The exit from that said drop was a bit more linear when i first built it, but because of wheelhits and a general uninteresting feel too it i changed it up.

For the record, I HATE the turn/drop after the station flyby. I must have put 10+ hours into that alone and could just not get it shaped decently without wheel hits. It's shaped horribly as it is, and has a high jolt of lats, but at least the train tracks it half decently.

Thanks for the comments...