Photo TR: Knoebels, KD & Busch Gardens

Coasters, Best of Friends and a big forehead. (mo pics on 2)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

What color is James hat?

Black
46%
Brown
54%

Total votes : 198

Hot Potato!

Photo TR: Knoebels, KD & Busch Gardens

Postby sfne2005 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:05 pm

So, um yea....(you'd think it was a Canobiefan TR with that beginning) James and I wanted to hit up Griffion's opening before the Spain trip and since I had this weekend off, we decided to go to BGE along with King's Dominion (his favorite) and Knoebels (my first time). On to the pics....
1.jpg
Departure time in 35 mins....and in case you can't tell from the look on my face, that's 3 AM.
2.jpg
James is all "Yeah Hi, we're at Knoebels...you're gonna hate it here."
3.jpg
Not really, but they have Pepsi here!!!!
4.jpg
See poll question.
5.jpg
This was my first Flyers ride since this is supposed to be one of the best ones around. Wasn't a big fan of it :(
6.jpg
Flying Turns is still a work in progress.
7.jpg
Should be pretty cool. Though they still have a ways to go before finishing it.
7a.jpg
See what I mean?
8.jpg
I liked two things about this ride. 1) the sign.
10.jpg
2) The view of the ride on the exit ramp. Everything else about this ride was junk.
9.jpg
Big forehead, signature move and the first ever picture of emo smiling! Oh wait, of course he is smiling. He's on a ride that is rough and most people don't like.
emo.jpg
Couldn't agree more.
12.jpg
I have become a mid level credit whore.
13.jpg
Nowadays it seems no TR is complete without a picture of a garbage barrel. Mmmm, pepsi.
14.jpg
Um, not quite. Balder still owns for me, though it did have a few great pops of airtime.
15.jpg
Hey Elissa, you reading this??? This one is for you. Can you figure out why?
16.jpg
So after a 13 hour nap, day two (Saturday) brings us to Kings Island. Word on the street is they have a lot of garbage recepticles at Cedar Fair parks.
17.jpg
We only planned to stay a half day and hit BGE during the evening and Sunday morning since I had to work on Monday. God, I hate Mondays!
16a.jpg
Best quote of the day comes from Larry. Larry, "Who's the dork in the TPR shirt?" Me, "Hey, that's Chuck!"
18.jpg
New credit for me and a whole train of TPRers. Blue car: Derek, Heath, Kim and James. Red car backseat: Jammin whootah J and his bro Matt.
19.jpg
Though James wanted to ride this 300 times, he settled for two.
20.jpg
Watching Tomb Raider just made me wanna dance dance. No we didn't ride.
21.jpg
Zoinks! Anyone see a remarkable resemblance?
22.jpg
So of course someone has to be different than the group and be the only one to ride the backwards side of Rebel Yell while the rest of us ride frontwards.
23.jpg
I passed this time on the Flyers at KD. James is patting it like its his baby.
24.jpg
JamminJ is all wootah about flying but got upset when the ride op told him he couldn't take his manpurse on the ride.
25.jpg
Wait, I think it was actually Larry's manpurse. He has a collection in case you didn't know. He likes purple ones the best.
26.jpg
Chuck won the snapping race by far. See who's the dork now Larry!
27.jpg
Exclusive shot.....more like homage to the best ride in the park.
28.jpg
So this is what five usually sad and pathetic coaster enthusiasts look like together.
29.jpg
James and I then ditched Kings Dominion and raced to Busch Gardens. James is shocked at the size of Griffon. Or was it the length of the queue line? Dunno for sure, but when the hell did I get 3 chins?
30.jpg
"Just look at it!"
31.jpg
I liked it better than Sheikra, but only marginally. I loved the feeling of sitting on the end in the front row and the crazy floater airtime in the back.
32.jpg
Hi Elissa, how's it going?
33.jpg
Never before seen shot. Maybe someone will use it as a background.
34.jpg
Sheikra's water spout area is set up better in my opinion.
35.jpg
There is a special viewing area that is sort of out of the way unless you are stuck in the overflow 1 hour queue in the blazing hot sun.
36.jpg
Makes you wish the queue went through the splash zone.
37.jpg
Photoshop contest?
38.jpg
Talk about polar opposites. James looks sooo intense while Chuck looks like he could care less.
39.jpg
Here's my Apollos Chariot pic. In case you need help seeing it, Larry is pointing to it. Still love that ride.
40.jpg
Being Memorial Day and all, I will leave you with this last picture. I never really knew how big an eagle was. Thanks to all the TPRers for such a good time.
Image[/url]

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby TatsuTerror » Mon May 28, 2007 11:43 pm

Cool trip report! Good to have yet another comparison of Sheikra and Griffon. I agree, Sheikra's splash does look like it fits in better with the area. Although I won't get to rid either of them for a while, they do look awesome!

Glad you had a good time....but why did you have to work on Memorial Day???

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TheRealTinkerbell » Mon May 28, 2007 11:46 pm

I know I'm going to sound like a huge idiot, but what is drop Zone? Is it like....Supreme Scream at Knotts? or that other dropping one at Great Americas in Santa Clarita?

Hot Potato!

Postby sfne2005 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:52 am

^ Drop Zone is a 300 foot drop tower. It brings you up to the top, pauses for a few seconds then drops to the bottom. Single yet exhilarating.

^^As to why I had to work on Memorial Day, check out this Photo TR!
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... highlight=
Image[/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby KingOfNynex2003 » Tue May 29, 2007 2:17 am

That Griffon coaster looks totally amazing! How many times did you get to ride it when you went?
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a8a731ac04bc03138e9c85ddc2e9c415.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue May 29, 2007 4:53 am

Nice work, Rich--I never realized that I had my flying scooter at such a steep angle (perhaps I too petrified with fear to notice).

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby carolinacaniac » Tue May 29, 2007 5:05 am

Great TR you have there!! Griffon is a great ride, I thought it was worth the wait. So you guys were there at Busch Gardens this past sunday? I was there with Melissa on Sunday and never spotted any of you guys, but then agian it was pretty crowded at the park sunday. but we still had a good day!
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Tue May 29, 2007 6:03 am

Great photos and captions.

Pepsi is still the Official Soft Drink Of Satan, though.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Skyfly » Tue May 29, 2007 7:40 am

Great pics and trip report! Were they actually letting you snap the flyers at KD? I was there a couple of weeks ago and got yelled at by three differents ops for snapping. :x

SFNERules

Postby SFNERules » Tue May 29, 2007 7:55 am

Exclusive shot.....more like homage to the best ride in the park.

No love for Grizzly?

Anyway Griffon looks cool, looking forward to it at the end of this year. And lol at the log flume & Lost Coaster pics.... :lolr:

Nice TR.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!