Photo TR:Marineland, Niagara Falls, MFI, & Anchor Bar

Starring Tom,Nikki, Jer, and Nicole
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Photo TR:Marineland, Niagara Falls, MFI, & Anchor Bar

Postby Carnage » Mon May 28, 2007 5:34 pm

After a fun filled Friday at Wonderland, Tom had one more day to enjoy in the Southern Ontario area.

Saturday, myself, Nikki, Jer, and Tom enoyed Marineland and Niagara Falls, before meeting up with Nicole for MFI and Anchor Bar.

Felt like we did alot more then we actually did thanks to the massive size of Marineland.

Marineland is overpriced, way too big, and has questionable animal treaments. But Tom needed the credits, and Nikki,Jer, and I hadn't been since we were really young.
IMG_5665.JPG
First thing we see is Sky Screamer, the parks S&S combo tower. Advertised as the tallest drop tower in the world.
IMG_5669.JPG
However Marineland with their fuzzy marketing includes the 150 foot hill they built it on. Tom thinks he's back home in Blackpool.
IMG_5716.JPG
Not quite ready to make that climb though, let's see the bears first. No not those bears.
IMG_5679.JPG
These are the bears! Trivia question, what is a black bears primary source of food. If you said fruit, nuts, and meat ...
IMG_5675.JPG
... you're wrong! The correct answer is corn pops.
IMG_5678.JPG
I'm just floating here in a pool of my own urine waiting for some tourists to throw me some corn pops.
IMG_5712.JPG
Seriously, what kind of life is that? They'd probably much more prefer a tasty seagull.
IMG_5713.JPG
Way to go Tom, you scared away the bears food.
IMG_5687.JPG
Enough of the bears. Onto Dragon Mountain, the worlds largest steel roller coaster. Or at least that's what Marineland claims.
IMG_5686.JPG
Then again, it does cover 30 acres, so they may have a point in some ways. Longest lifthill, with the least amount of excitement on the other side.
IMG_5688.JPG
Oddly enough the bowtie doesn't hurt, and is actually kind of cool after coming out of the huge tunnel.
IMG_5700.JPG
No being Robin Hood.
IMG_5705.JPG
It's good to be tall. I did not have to be Robin Hood to get this shot.
IMG_5696.JPG
The entrance to the ride is actually cooler then the ride itself.
IMG_5709.JPG
Topple Tower is just missing a queue and a beluga head.
IMG_5717.JPG
Crap, now we gotta make the long walk up to Sky Screamer. Who's idea was it to build the ride on top of a 150 foot fake hill?
IMG_5719.JPG
We stop for a rest and realize that we've walked above the condor ride which I once thought was tall.
IMG_5723.JPG
Sky Screamer did have some pretty cool visuals however. If you sit on the correct side you get a great view of the falls.
IMG_5725.JPG
5500 feet long. I'd say the drop, loops, helix, and bow tie might be about 2000 feet. The rest is just filler.
IMG_5730.JPG
Now back to questionable animal exhibits, Deerschwitz.
IMG_5731.JPG
For $2 you too can feed drugged up deer. They don't even get corn pops though, looks more like dried cat food.
IMG_5740.JPG
I put up a brave face, but I really am scared.
IMG_5743.JPG
Save yourself, they've got me cornered!!
IMG_5745.JPG
I've got a plan. I'll just throw this food all over that old man. Then I'll make a run for the gates as they maul him.
IMG_5759.JPG
Ooohh, Killer Whales. Wonder what we get to feed them this time?
IMG_5761.JPG
I think it wants the baby in the stroller. Or the lady in the wheelchair.
IMG_5765.JPG
The keeper said the big ones are just chilling. Kind of looks dead to me. Maybe those protesters out front had a point??
IMG_5770.JPG
This girl got about 5 extra rides because the ride op didn't know how to park the train properly.
IMG_5777.JPG
Best ride of the day!! They even had to bring out an extra stroller for Nikki. :)
IMG_5780.JPG
Onto Niagara Falls for some culture credits. Pile driver wasn't running. Probably failed to get permits again.
IMG_5781.JPG
Crappy American falls.
IMG_5786.JPG
Awesome Canadian falls.
IMG_5790.JPG
I think the American falls vomited on our side of the river. Real mature American falls.
IMG_5792.JPG
The masachist side of me wants to see the maid of the mist go under the falls. You won't get THAT wet or pulverized.
IMG_5795.JPG
Again, long arms come in handy.
IMG_5797.JPG
Tom gets some chocolate balls.
IMG_5798.JPG
Made it to MFI after getting grilled by some jerk customs officer.
IMG_5802.JPG
Crappiest spinner ever. May as well just keep the pin locked the whole ride.
IMG_5806.JPG
Silver Comet, how you curse me. Neither too nice weather, nor bridge delays are going to stop me this time.
IMG_5807.JPG
Uh oh. That doesn't look good. (both the butt crack and the broken ride)
IMG_5809.JPG
Yay, they fixed it!! Ride on!!
IMG_5811.JPG
Damn it, they broke it again after one ride. MFI why do you hate me so much??
IMG_5818.JPG
The pain of MFI was wiped from my mind when we decided to go to Anchor Bar.
IMG_5823.JPG
Tom, look sad. That's not sad, that's British.
IMG_5824.JPG
Eat the wing!! Eat the wing!!
IMG_5829.JPG
Who let Tom figure out the bill? Remember this isn't England, we actually tip over here.

Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Mon May 28, 2007 5:39 pm

LOL chicken wing torture. I love it. :lmao:
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Mon May 28, 2007 6:00 pm

Poor animals :cry:

Marineland looks like an odd park. Is everything really spread out? From the pictures that's how it looked.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon May 28, 2007 6:01 pm

Great pics! I have always thought that Arrow looked pretty good. Nice looking park with the animals and area!

Postby Carnage » Mon May 28, 2007 6:08 pm

thefitness wrote:Poor animals :cry:

Marineland looks like an odd park. Is everything really spread out? From the pictures that's how it looked.

Very spread out. The park is huge, but there's really not much there. It's a good 20+ minute walk back to Dragon Mountain.

Dragon Mountain is just a very odd coaster. It's kind of a fun ride, but it has ALOT of wasted track. You can't even see the bulk of the ride, and yet you can see everything that it really does.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon May 28, 2007 6:11 pm

^Kinda like a steel Beast ;)

Postby Carnage » Mon May 28, 2007 6:13 pm

Kind of :lmao:

The lift hill is huge, the double helix is huge and not all that exciting, and there's a giant flat section behind the mountain that was supposed to be a replica of Niagara Falls.

Really, to sum the ride up it's two loops, with a bow tie.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby coastrfreak2000 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:16 pm

I haven't been to Marinlend in years....and nothing has changed since...

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Mon May 28, 2007 6:17 pm

Great Photo TR! I have to go to Marineland this summer some time to get my DM credit. It's close to my camp.
Steel: 142 | Wood: 41 | Total: 183

Last Coaster Ridden: Raptor at Cedar Point on 05/14/2017

Postby Carnage » Mon May 28, 2007 6:53 pm

coastrfreak2000 wrote:I haven't been to Marinlend in years....and nothing has changed since...

Only difference I could notice was less Whales, and less deer.

The real problem with Marineland is the price though. At $38 that's more then a discounted pass to Canadas Wonderland.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive