TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Renegade POV Video!

Renegade opened today at Valleyfair and we have a POV video of the ride. First off, let me say that the ride is AWESOME! You really need to get to the park and ride one of the best GCI woodies to date!

This is a 'raw' POV shot on Thursday during some test runs. We're shooting more video tomorrow and we'll have a traditional "TPR Video" soon enough for you, but we wanted to share the POV to celebrate the ride's opening day!

Enjoy!

--Robb

ps. BTW, if you have viewing the .mpg file in Internet Explorer, try moving or deleting these two files from your /windows/system32 folder:

mpeg2data.ax

mpg4ds32.ax

Filmed with permission of the park. Please do not take your camera on any roller coasters without proper permission.

renegade.mpg

Renegade POV!

renegade.zip

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! You have really out done yourself this time, Robb! Renegade looks awesome! The speed never lets up, and looks like are some major pops of airtime around every smooth twist and turn. Another crazy, twisted, out of control woodie that GCI still proves to kick ass at.

-Zach "Yay for backwards POV's!"

Any way to get a downloadable version?

I've just uploaded the downloadable version. Sorry it took so long. The hotel wi-fi is REALLY slow and it took like 45 minutes to upload each file!

Glad you like the POV! I'm actually hoping to shoot a better one tomorrow morning since the sun should be in a much better place.

--Robb

I noticed you're the only one riding Renegade, from the shadows.

Heh, I think you might have been right! They sent me out quite a few times either by myself or with maybe 1 or 2 other riders. Other than the guys from GCI, there weren't many people around on Thursday.

--Robb

Gotta love the backwards POV!!!!

Yes, those backwards POVs are starting to feel/look more intense than the forwards ones! Good 'n freaky they is...

Nice ones, Robb.