Photo TR: Canada's Wonderland season pass preview!

Bringing you love, and a compass, on planet world!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Photo TR: Canada's Wonderland season pass preview!

Postby shesaidboom » Fri May 04, 2007 8:39 pm

shesaidboom and 307 go to Canada's Wonderland Season Passholder Preview Night, part one of one, because it would be pretty lame to have more than one part for a visit that lasted under three hours!!!

Wonderland had it's season passholder night tonight [though I bet the title of the TR didn't give you a hint about that], and naturally - we were there, nitpicking every little thing and generally being nerdy coaster douchebags! And now, we're here to tell you all about it!

There were surprisingly few changes to the park... although Nikki didn't expect anything to change, so I guess there were surprisingly many changes. The rumour of Cedar Fair taking over the park solely to cut down all of the trees proved to be partially true, as basically anywhere where there had been a large collection of trees was now semi-treeless. Also, there was an exorbant amount of garbage cans, I guess because so much trash enters the park on a daily basis.

Before we begin, I would like to use this time to mourn a fallen comrade. Wild Beast, at one time I felt you were a great coaster, full of rough air and general whoopee. But now, you've been neutered as per the request, I can only assume, of Bob Barker! It's quite sad that one of my favourite coasters now runs worse than Minebuster, but I will always remember the good times we had, and never tarnish your memory further by riding you again.

HUHUHU
wonderland.jpg
THRILLS ARE PARAMOUNT. TRASH CANS ARE NOT.
01.jpg
Wonder Mountain is still good - but apparently Cedar Fair has something against Canadian patriotism! The Canada flowers have been destroyed!
02.jpg
Vortex is still awesome, even with giant clouds of mosquitos scattered throughout it's circuit!
03.jpg
We didn't go on SkyRider, because we were too busy buying rubies.
04.jpg
This is probably the best "randomly point your camera at something and click without looking" picture ever.
05.jpg
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW etc
07.jpg
We decided to be annoying and take pictures of a bunch of things still branded as "Paramount". HERE IS ONE OF THEM.
08.jpg
First crooked lift hill picture of the season!!!
10.jpg
Check out that corroded track on the top of the hill! DUDE, GRODY.
11.jpg
Two new bone-chilling attractions for 2007! Fence: The Ride and Attack of the Garbage Cans!
13.jpg
Hmmm... isn't Cedar Fair aligned with Pepsi? Alert the press.
14.jpg
Does it count as an oversight if Cedar Fair still has the Paramount license?
31.jpg
Well, to be quite frank, we don't care. Here's more nitpicky crap!
16.jpg
Silver Streak is what Top Gun wishes it could be: Bananas!Q
17.jpg
Hey dumbass, get with the times!
18.jpg
It must be awesome to be a squirrel at Wonderland, free park food all the time! Score!
20.jpg
Dragon Fire got a semi-new paintjob, as the rails were painted yellow, and the track was a lighter [and more disgusting] shade of the green. Problem is, large chunks of the ride still had the old paint on it... and the colours clashed pretty bad. NITPICK.
21.jpg
PARAMOUNT Theatre?! Put down the lazy!
23.jpg
Top Gun is a pretty photogenic ride, as we demonstrate here in this obviously overdone shot that everyone has a picture of.
27.jpg
Nikki spent the whole time trying to get me to ride this piece of crap, but I had to PUT MY FOOT DOWN.
32.jpg
She is adamant that she was joking, and made it up to me with a TWO RATCAGE shot! True love!
35.jpg
When Wonderland announced the addition of Coasters, I thought it would be a sit-down diner, not just another "pay at the counter and find your own damn seat" place. Weak!
36.jpg
SNORETEX
37.jpg
LOOK WHAT I CAN DO LOOK WHAT I CAN DO
38.jpg
The sky... THROUGH THE TREES.
39.jpg
One more picture of Vortex, because it's the best thing left in the park.
40.jpg
BAI

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Fri May 04, 2007 8:58 pm

Nice TR.

Was Minebuster running any smoother? I thought I saw some fresh wood on it when I was there to process my pass. But couldn't see for sure.

I don't put much faith in Cedar Fair fixing that jackhammering on the third hill.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby nitral » Fri May 04, 2007 9:18 pm

You will see me working there soon. I'm working at the Go-Karts.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby mightypotato » Fri May 04, 2007 9:52 pm

I feel your pain about Wild(e) Beast. The first time I went on it, I loved it and rode it over and over again. The years have passed since then and they have not been good to the old coaster. The last time I went on it on Hallowe'en, it was possibly the roughest coaster I had ever been on. Unless they do something to fix it, I probably won't be going back on it.
Parks: 55, Steel: 234, Wood: 72, Total: 306
I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Sat May 05, 2007 6:31 am

Hearing about the tree removal is a bummer. I only visited the park once, and thought it had one of the largest collections of "ride once for the credit" coasters outside of PKI, but the park was really nice with lots of trees and good landscaping. It's a shame if that has to go away to make more room for concrete and trash cans.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

All your coasters are belong to us

Postby IwantRevenge » Sat May 05, 2007 6:36 am

Great TR, It's pretty cool have they have an enterprise with 2 seast in each gondela...that pretty rare.

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Sat May 05, 2007 10:24 am

Great photos Nikki. Haha, I can't believe I'm gonna be at that place in less than 3 weeks! Hopefully there will still be a few trees left by then. I think I'll be hitting 300 on one of their coasters, so I better make it a really bad one!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat May 05, 2007 10:59 am

^Tom, that won't be hard at that park! =)

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Sat May 05, 2007 11:00 am

^Womb Raider it is then! ::lol::

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby hemmy » Sat May 05, 2007 11:51 am

At least that togo didn't take any lives. :shockr:

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive