TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg opening day.

So Liseberg opened yesterday, with a new attraction and added safety.

Me and My brother decided to go there to do 3 things.

1 Get our Annual Passes.

2 Ride Uppswinget, the new S&S power Screaming Swing.

3 Test out the latest edition of the Accelerometers and their harnesses.

So we left home about 2 hours before they opened, it's about a 30 minutes ride to Liseberg. But we wanted to be sure that we would be first in line, so that we wouldn't have to be in a huge line to get the annual pass and by that missing the opening of Uppswinget.

And on the way there we did a little detour on the way there to take some pictures on our usual spot.

In the park we met up wit the TPR/old CF member Olov.

The park was running great for the day, little brake-downs, not so crowded and the queues were short (about 5-30 minutes).

Ride count:

Uppswinget 4 times.

Lisebergbanan 3 times.

Balder 3 times.

Kanonen 1 time.

Now on to the pictures.

There it is finally done, and Lisebergbanan looking ace in the spring.

Soon my precious I will ride you again.

Closeup on Uppswinget. (Note the tree that grows in front of Uppswinget, it's almost up the the railing.)

Photo from the queue into the park, with an extreme angle to it.

The Logo.

Image of one swing from the Uppswinget queue.

Air-tank.

Swing time.

Lisebergbanan underneath, with moss on the roof.

Uppswinget from the side.

Other side.

From the line of Lisebergbanan.

Balder when it broke down just after we rode it.

Helixy bit of Lisebergbanan.

Kanonen.

Uppswinget and Lisebergbanan <3.

Uppswinget from Lisebergbanan.

Uppswinget in action from the other location.

And now to some nice graphs from the Accelerometer.

Uppswinget.

Balder.

Lisebergbanan.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any screens of Kanonens Accelerometer data? I would love to take a look at that.

I did a measurement on Kanonen, but the Accelerometer malfunctioned. The problem is a bad solder on the sensor, it have been temporarily fixed (until we get a new sensor chip) and I might be able to get a new measurements next weekend.

Nä, men, va fan!

Medan ni var där så var jag på Sci-Fi Mässan och hadde ett stop med Billy och Verne.

Ok, I didn't have any beer with them, but had nice chats.

I'm thinking of going there next weekend, though very unsure. It will be one of those spur of the moment kinda things. Might go just to get the entrance card, but no riding... And interesting additions. Roof over the 3 swings of 'Bergbanan.

Anyways, maybe we'll meet some day.

/Edward

Did you notice if the Screamin Swing broke down at all during the day? It has the upgrade that other Screamin Swings were / are getting retrofitted with.
Not at all.

They had an S&S guy staying in the control booth all day as well, just in case.

What is this upgrade?

How did Balder get stuck in that area? (Where in the ride is it?)
It wasn't, it broke down in some way just before we came in to the station so they sent the other train around so that we could leave it. (That's the reason why it's empty.)

If you take a look at this picture (and compare it to the ones from the "upgraded" model) you will notice that in the tower structure, yours has a large hole at the bottom of where the cable enters (and attaches to the cylinder), but this (Thunder N' Lightning at Lake Compounce) one does not. During the past season, the ride had many issues in which the cylinder would break. The upgrade included adding a bigger cylinder into the tower. (challenge was, fitting it into ones that were already assembled) By cutting a large hole into the structure, it allowed for the newer cylinder to be installed.

Here you can see the "upgrade" (aka hole cut into it) that has now taken place at Lake Compounce.

If you take a look at this picture (and compare it to the ones from the "upgraded" model) you will notice that in the tower structure, yours has a large hole at the bottom of where the cable enters (and attaches to the cylinder), but this (Thunder N' Lightning at Lake Compounce) one does not. During the past season, the ride had many issues in which the cylinder would break. The upgrade included adding a bigger cylinder into the tower. (challenge was, fitting it into ones that were already assembled) By cutting a large hole into the structure, it allowed for the newer cylinder to be installed.
Ahh, that made sense.

Looks great, but the color of Uppswinget just wasn't what i expected. Looks a little dull IMO. As does most of the stuff at Liseberg. They need a Paint Minister.
It's painted to blend in with the rest of the mountain, just to please the neighbors across the motorway. But I really think that some rides need a paint job. Like Lisebergbanan needs to be repainted, parts of it have been, but it should be completed, come on Liseberg it having it's 20:th birthday this year.

Ha ha - that's so cool that you've got your own personal accelerometer! How come? Great trip report!

Robin

My brother builds them as a personal project, the latest model is going to be fit inside a Nokia 3310 mobile, so then you notice that it would be easy for me to get one.

Thanks.

Awesome photos! If only I could go to Europe. Is it just me, or does Liseberg like to stuff rides inside Lisebergbanan's Helices?

Actually, Liseberg had only one ride in a Helix. Höjdskräcken is the one ride, in the... um... 2nd Helix of Lisebergbanan (down, around (1), U turn, over the bump, and around Höjdskräcken (2)). And now, 3 times around (and maybe under) the swings. Wonder if they'll cramb something in the first, and last Helices...

But hey, sometimes it is fun putting things in the middle of Helices. In RCT games, I sometimes put a small Helix around towers (free-fall, observations, etc).

/Edward

Awesome photos! If only I could go to Europe. Is it just me, or does Liseberg like to stuff rides inside Lisebergbanan's Helices?

Another major point here is that they are pretty short of space since it is a city park, and need to use all space available to fit rides at all

Nice pics. The Olov you mentioned, is it Olov Sornmo?