IX Center TR (first open rides in OH)

Some photos I took of the IX CEnter amusment park in OH
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

IX Center TR (first open rides in OH)

Postby gravitywolf216 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:24 pm

Here in Cleveland, before all the super-awesomeness that happens in Sandusky, and the meidiocre-suckiness thats currently happening in Aurora opens. We have the IX Center. For those who don't know about it, the IX Center (International Exposition Center) used to be a tank factory, out by the airport here.

It was since converted into the largest expo center in the world. And every spring they host the world's largest indoor amusement park.

Some pictures kinda suck, and I wanted to take more, but my camera was havinging issues, so im going back to do this thing proper soon. So bear with me.

P.S. They were doing this "lights on and off thing" while we were there, did anyone go through that before?
HPIM1977.jpg
games an' stuff
Viewed 2567 times
HPIM1984.jpg
bored kids on the broken Crazy mouse
Viewed 2567 times
HPIM2005.jpg
small-figure-eight-super-catapillar-semi-credit thing-of-child-endangerment-mega-uber-death-and-destruction
Viewed 2567 times
HPIM1987.jpg
Lights out
Viewed 2567 times
HPIM1986.jpg
Ring of fire
Viewed 2567 times
HPIM1978.jpg
more mouse crazyness
Viewed 2567 times
HPIM2004.jpg
Bumper cars on stilts
Viewed 2567 times
HPIM1979.jpg
Crazy Mouse
Viewed 2567 times
Largest indoor ferris wheel.jpg
largest indoor Ferris wheel. They actually cut a hole in the roof for it!!! Needless to say its permenant.
Viewed 2567 times
super shot.jpg
super shot drop tower. It goes all the way to the ceiling
Viewed 2567 times
pretty twister.jpg
I love this ride. OOOOOH Flashy!!!!!!
Viewed 2567 times
Flying paratrooper.jpg
Lazyman's paratrooper. It's waay slower then the old-fashoned one, and doesn't even go as high
Viewed 2567 times
Retarded Ferris wheel.jpg
Why do they always have the small stupid wheel when the giant one is like 60ft away
Viewed 2567 times
self-expanatory.jpg
guess
Viewed 2567 times
Evil Ali Baba.jpg
Evil Ali Baba's revenge.
Okay, they used to havean Ali baba ride years ago but they took it out or sold it or something. And this one looks kinda similar except a few minor things

If you look at the counter-wieght, it has the same decorations as a
Viewed 2567 times
Freak out2.jpg
I love you KMG!!!!
Viewed 2567 times
ring of fire&super tilt.jpg
Demonic Ali Baba, ring of fire, and Freak Out
Viewed 2567 times
midway shot 2.jpg
Viewed 2567 times
Midway shot 1.jpg
Viewed 2567 times
moving park shot.jpg
Some midway shots
Viewed 2567 times

I Love Donkeys!

Postby gravitywolf216 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:27 pm

The Satanic Ali Baba's comment was too long so I reposted it here

Evil Ali Baba's revenge.
Okay, they used to havean Ali baba ride years ago but they took it out or sold it or something. And this one looks kinda similar except a few minor things

If you look at the counter-wieght, it has the same decorations as a portable chance inverter. And if if you've ever ridden one, you'll know that it goes way to slow. So I was kinda skeptical about it and almost skipped it.

But I went on anyway, and it was THE scariest pendulum ride I have ever been on at a carnival. Or ever for that matter. Even though it goes waaay to slow as expected, it TILTS! Like Acrophobia! And not all the time either it does it randomly, and fast too. It actually feels like the whole gondola just fell off the ride. It was wicked.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby viking86 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:32 pm

Cool pictures! Do you know who makes the Ali Baba ride???
Yngve

Current coaster count: 114

Check out my coastervideos on
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MrYoung86

I Love Donkeys!

Postby gravitywolf216 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:36 pm

from the look of the crown, I think its Chance. They don't have it listed on flatrides.com though. It just appeared. When I go back, Im gonna see if I can find a tag on it or something. Most rides have a company tag plate or something similar on them

SFNERules

Postby SFNERules » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:38 pm

Not sure if it's the same one, but I know ARM makes a ride like that called Full Tilt.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Sexy No Jutsu » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:25 pm

This is a flat ride riders wet dream.

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:27 pm

SFNERules wrote:Not sure if it's the same one, but I know ARM makes a ride like that called Full Tilt.
Yes it is an ARM ride.
ARM is selling them as NEW and they are also modding old chance Inverters.

An American Classic.

Postby Masked_Maverick » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:45 pm

So in general how was it? I got some free tix tonight and am debating on going. ANy other coasters besides the Wild Mouse?
"I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."-V

Official Credit Count: 49

Unofficial Credit Count(including whored/mobile credits): 52

Wee Sweaty Bifkin

Postby cobra_roll06 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:52 am

I have always wanted to ride a ring of fire. Are thet any good? That looked like quite a cool little carnival.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby gravitywolf216 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:11 am

Masked_Maverick wrote:So in general how was it? I got some free tix tonight and am debating on going. ANy other coasters besides the Wild Mouse?

It was okay.... The Crazy Mouse was the only adult coaster this year, I guess they sold the other one. There are a lot more rides that I wasn't able to take pictures of, but I got most of the major ones.

cobra_roll06 wrote:I have always wanted to ride a ring of fire. Are thet any good? That looked like quite a cool little carnival.

I used to be terrified of them when I was little, but they are pretty fun. Most of them don't have OSR's just huge padded lap bars in a cage. So when its upside-down the riders just kinda tumble around.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!