Wood Coaster Madness

Final Results Have Now Been Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
harrycalder

Wood Coaster Madness

Postby harrycalder » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:55 am

Hello all,

It's been a while since I last posted here, but I came up with something that I thought you all might enjoy -- a sort of different spin on coaster polls ripped right from current happenings in the sports world.

Inspired by http://www.bandmadness.net (a pretty cool diversion in and of itself, but alas, not coaster-related), which in turn was inspired by that college basketball tournament thingy, I present Wood Coaster Madness. 128 wood coasters will compete for bragging rights for best in their region and best on Earth!

To learn more about how this "tournament" came to be; how it works; and the "wheres, whens, and hows" of voting in it, visit http://woodcoastermadness.blogspot.com/. I hope you enjoy it!

-Jason

P.S.: Please note that I am only posting this message to RRC and Theme Park Review. Feel free to pass it on to other sites/boards on which this might be considered worthwhile rather than a waste of bandwidth.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:13 am

Hey there Jason,

I really like this idea. I also very much like the "I am not qualified to vote in this category" option. Really makes the poll that much more accurate.

Hope you get good results!

--Robb

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:11 am

IF everyone is honest, I wonder how many people will be able to vote in most of these match-ups. I think a steel coaster tournament will be a little easier for people.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby errtyme » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:02 am

Good poll, and like Robb said, the "I'm not qualified" option is a great idea.

Clay "already voted" Lamanske

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:54 am

I have been on quite a few of the coasters in the midwest/south, but I am still not able to vote for any of them. I don't really like it, but it's a good idea...

MATT DAMON has nervous tits

Postby thecoasterkid » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:19 am

I can't vote in a single match-up across any of the categories. Sweet.

Yeah, having only ridden 5 wooden coasters (2 at CP, 3 at PCW) doesn't help with that. If this was run later in the season then I would be able to vote on the majority of the mid-west match-ups. Oh well, that life.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:41 am

I can see it being annoying for people who can't vote in many of the match ups, but for those that CAN, I think it could be a very good poll and a nice alternative option from Mitch's poll. (Not that I would discourage ANYONE from Mitch's poll!)

--Robb

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Wishmaster » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:49 am

I like the idea but the match-ups make me wonder if you know anything at all about geography or coaster builders. Since I've only ridden two wooden coasters in the U.S. I only looked at INTERNATIONAL but I noticed you only matched coasters that are on opposite sides of the world and can barely even be compared. This way, you don't just make it hard to pick one, but you also make sure hardly anyone has ridden both coasters. IMO it would be better if you match up similar coasters that aren't that far apart. For example: "Robin Hood - Weerwolf" (both Vekoma and in neighbouring countries), "Stampida - Tonnerre de Zeus" (CCI and neighbouring countries) or "Colossos - Balder" (both Intamin Prefab)
Rock ''n roll angels bring thyn hard rock, hallelujah! :devil:

http://www.coastercounter.com/Wishmaster

MATT DAMON has nervous tits

Postby thecoasterkid » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:02 pm

^^ I agree 100%. It's an awesome idea that's easier for people to vote on if they qualify. It's just unfortunate that at the moment I myself can not vote on any matchups. Who knows, if any of my 5 current coasters somehow make it past the first round (incredibly doubtful, none of the 5 are overly great) then I may still get to vote in the future.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby BamBam36 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:22 pm

good idea but you know it will just yield the same results as always. You could have started it with 16 and got the same results.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!