SFOG Spring Fling 07: Photo TR

This year with 90% more morning ERT!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

SFOG Spring Fling 07: Photo TR

Postby easytoremember » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:01 pm

This Saturday was ACE Spring Fling at Six Flags over Georgia and we decided to take the camera for the first time ever! Last year almost all of morning ERT was cancelled due to rain, but this year IT was sunny and in the 80's all day. The park was fairly crowded for March, but the 2 hours of morning ERT and about 3 of night ERT easily made up for it.
ERT started on Scorcher of course, then spread to Goliath, then the Cotton sates opened up with Ninja, GASM and Viper... I mean Superman. There was a group photo outside of Dahlonega Mine Train for its 40th aniversery, but we were far to busy riding GASM to get there on time.
The park opened to the public, and of course we had to laugh at the people running to golath for the first ride as we walked by. At 1:00 the ACE lunch was over in the pavillion, where there was food, raffles and door prizes. My friend won a Mystery Mine DVD, and Robert Ulrich, (ACE regional manager) jokingly said that, "Maybe it even has a full POV video!!! No, no it doesn't."
We then had the privaladge of seeing the first showing of the new "Luney Tunes Talent Show" show. We got our T-shirts which look AWESOME this year, and headed over to Gotham city to catch a couple rides on Mindbender before we had to go into the Axis Arena so they could begin sweeping the park. A quick Q and A revaealed that there will be no Season pass holders day this year, and ERT in Gotham city began.
We hurried over to Batman to get front row once, then to Mindbender for most of the rest of the Gotham ERT. There was a slight misunderstanding about the time Acrophobia and Cyclone ERT started, so we hung around Acro for about 15 minutes rather than go back to Gotham city. We fully enjoyed Acrophbias return, caught a few rides on Cyclone, and ended the night on Goliath. Overall I think this Spring Fling easily exceded last years.
IMG_1130.jpg
Nothing like starting the day with ERT on freshly painted Scorcher. Notice that they are testing it with restraints open.
IMG_1131.jpg
MMM... twisty goodness.
IMG_1132.jpg
As you can see, this ride is clearly sponsered by the L.A. Lakers.
IMG_1133.jpg
Goliaths awesome helix.
IMG_1134.jpg
Sxy sillouhette of two of Goliaths hills.
IMG_1135.jpg
Those invisible people are getting so much airtime right now.
IMG_1136.jpg
It just looks so beautiful.
IMG_1139.jpg
Good to see Acrophobia up and running, and it has some new signage.
IMG_1141.jpg
I know you love the Goliath pics, so I'm gonna keep going.
IMG_1143.jpg
Big sign...
IMG_1144.jpg
Little sign. I hate that the theme they advertise as, "A Giant among Coasters" has nothing to do with the theme of the actual ride as being a time machine or whatever.
IMG_1145.jpg
Awaiting the first train of ACE'rs to come around the corner.
IMG_1171.jpg
This is a very fun ride to Marathon during ERT, especially at night.
IMG_1147.jpg
We were supposed to have ERT on the paperweight, but it was valleyed all day.
IMG_1148.jpg
Ah, one of the most beautiful coasters I know.
IMG_1157.jpg
The first drop isn't steep, but its fun.
IMG_1156.jpg
Did I mention its beauitiful? Notice the ACEr in the front row protecting his hea from decapitation.
IMG_1158.jpg
No caption needed.
IMG_1152.jpg
For some strange reason we felt obligated to ride.
IMG_1150.jpg
The only part of the ride thats not completely forceless. Then, some people complain that its "too forceful."
IMG_1151.jpg
At least ours actully fits in our terrain. COUGH: great america COIGH: great adventure COUGH.
IMG_1155.jpg
"Aw man, the ofrces are over."
IMG_1159.jpg
I still find Mine Train to be a fun ride. And if you sit in the front car, you may just be luckey enough to get airtime.
IMG_1161.jpg
The tunnel of pain and despair.
IMG_1164.jpg
(extremely loudly) " Join the monsters at the mansion..." I still love this ride too.
IMG_1172.jpg
You can see the ride from literally almost anywhere in the park.
IMG_1174.jpg
Ah! Ther it is again!
IMG_1176.jpg
Thank you, Anton, for making the best vertical loops ever.
IMG_1175.jpg
A through the trees look at the top of the "third loop."
IMG_1195.jpg
I love the sign!
IMG_1179.jpg
Loggy ride!!!
IMG_1181.jpg
For some strange reason, this is the only shot I got of Cyclone.
IMG_1184.jpg
The following are shots of rides I got from the train.
IMG_1185.jpg
My head hurts just looking at it.
IMG_1186.jpg
OOH! I really like this angle of the Wheelie.
IMG_1191.jpg
At lunch, they auctioned off Freefalls control panel with a commemorative sign. R.I.P. Freefall.
IMG_1189.jpg
We also got some different views of GASM and Ninja. These people are actually having fun.
IMG_1190.jpg
These poeple don't realize it yet, but they are about to plunge into the depths of Vekoma head-banging hell.
IMG_1193.jpg
Ninja does look nice reflected in the water though.
IMG_1197.jpg
If that bottom tree wasn't there, and I had been patient enough to wait for a train to go by, this would have been a really nice picture.
IMG_1199.jpg
Haven't been in here for a while.
IMG_1202.jpg
As you can see, they took Cyclones onride system and put it on Batman.
IMG_1203.jpg
"Hey, I can see Atlanta from here!"
"So what?"
Well, its a city."
IMG_1188.jpg
I finish off with one more Goliath picture showing you just how dominant it is to the whole park.

Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:05 pm

Nice pics. Scorcher looks SO MUCH BETTER with a new paint job!

SFOG is a park I really hope to get to in the next few years.
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:13 pm

Awesome pics. I like that picture of Batman with the flash from the on-ride camera, it looks funky. GS does look a lot better with the new paint.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby coasterman7 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:24 pm

Awesome Photo TR!!! I was there too and saw a lot of ACEr's out there. I rented the gold q-bot because it was just a little bit crowded and got on every ride. Hope to join ACE and be there next year!

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:06 pm

Nothing is sexier than a freshly painted (or new) B&M. Nothing of course, except Jessica Alba (sorry John).
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

Postby easytoremember » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:16 pm

Yup, Scorcher's Bright Yellow, and Goliath is a kinda sharp orange, and They look really good together.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:28 pm

nice photos and recap

I don't think I saw you yesterday, but then again, I was so hopped up on drugs I couldn't even see my feet if I had to look for them. Congrats on someone winning since I continue my shut out streak

Goliath did pretty good, especially when we were able to avoid getting pinned. Cyclone did ok as well, better than normal to me. Mind Bender ran great yesterday too, and without the rain to cause the park to show its worst traits, I'd call this the best Spring Fling yet ::D

Postby easytoremember » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:20 pm

Ya I thought everything was running fairly well, but Cyclone has yet to run as well as it did last season this season. I was happy everything was running two trains, until about halfway through night ERT. BTW, I did see you from across Axis Arena at one point, but never talked to you Joe.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby willski » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Erm....no passholder day? If the problem is low attendance, maybe they should advertise it more.

That's not good, considering about half of the empty days of the year are already gone. All we have left now is a few weekdays in May and June.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby diggerg56 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanx for posting the great pix. I had to miss Spring Fling for the first time in a few years this time around. It's always a great time and good early start to the coaster season for someone from the Midwest (me!)

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive